Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Recovering couch patato
Joined
·
14,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's true! (no Klein content, other end of spectre)

Who needs overpriced bling if you can get...

Craig of Redline Bicycles just let me know they'll be offering a Monocog 29er, complete bike, for MSRP $450!
ETA March, how about that?

Ask me nothing, it's all I know. Sounds way cool to me. I hope they'll mkake lots of them, in lots of sizes.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,491 Posts
Wow!

$450?!? That's insane! I wonder what kind of parts that'll have on it - methinks they might be aiming a little *too* low there, even for a single - if it's built with Alivio-level junk, it might turn a lot of folks off.

Then again, decent stuff is crazy cheap these days - you can get Chinese aluminum frames, shipped across the Pacific with your decals on 'em for $30 each, or so I'm told. That's great news for folks on a budget, or who don't want to drop big bucks into trying out this 29er thing.

-Walt

Cloxxki said:
Who needs overpriced bling if you can get...

Craig of Redline Bicycles just let me know they'll be offering a Monocog 29er, complete bike, for MSRP $450!
ETA March, how about that?

Ask me nothing, it's all I know. Sounds way cool to me. I hope they'll mkake lots of them, in lots of sizes.
 

·
graps the nettle
Joined
·
519 Posts
dirt cheap one speed

well, component spec shouldn't be so much of an issue, since it's a one speed. their 26" monocog runs anywhere between $450 and $600. they offer a pretty solid, basic bike.

but yeah, that's mighty cheap...

Walt said:
$450?!? That's insane! I wonder what kind of parts that'll have on it - methinks they might be aiming a little *too* low there, even for a single - if it's built with Alivio-level junk, it might turn a lot of folks off.

Then again, decent stuff is crazy cheap these days - you can get Chinese aluminum frames, shipped across the Pacific with your decals on 'em for $30 each, or so I'm told. That's great news for folks on a budget, or who don't want to drop big bucks into trying out this 29er thing.

-Walt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
790 Posts
alivio junk?

Hey, I didn't know any better at the time, and I was quite happy with the Alivio junk on my '96 Klein. Actually had to mess with it less than the XT 9speed stuff, it seems. I keep thinking about going back to 7 or less. things were less fussy those days...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,049 Posts
What's a "spectre" and how many ends does it have?
 

·
Recovering couch patato
Joined
·
14,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried to directly translate from the Dutch "Spectrum". Maybe it's more French than English?
It means something like gamma (not exactly ENglish either). My dictionary just told me that I need not change any letters in spectrum...
 

·
Que je suis bete!
Joined
·
438 Posts
Spectrum

Cloxxki said:
I tried to directly translate from the Dutch "Spectrum". Maybe it's more French than English?
It means something like gamma (not exactly ENglish either). My dictionary just told me that I need not change any letters in spectrum...
Cloxxki, spectrum is what you want, as in, from the other end of the spectrum. Gamma would be understandable to speakers of French: gamme, meaning range of possibilities. Spectrum means the same thing, borrowed from the study of light. A spectre is an intangible entity that haunts or troubles ones peace of mind. Your English is great. Give 'em heck.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top