Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Live, Freeze, and Ride
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...your four legged riding partner keeps fallin down on the ice encrusted snow! Somehow centrifugal force kept me upright, but I was still sliding sideways as much as going forward.:eekster:
On my way to my LBS to order some Nokians!!
That's gonna hurt the wallet.:madman:
Ah, one of the few benefits of being single.:rolleyes:
Nothing like a little -8 below noontime temp for a ride!:thumbsup:
Still waiting for my feet to regain full sensation.

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,969 Posts
I second that...

radair said:
It's FAQing cold out there today, mate!

I took a few runs on the teleboards this morning, my feet were also frozen. If you can find a set of these anywhere, scoop them up: http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Tire/product_86026.shtml

I found a set on Craig's List for a buddy a couple weeks ago, they are the best.
Awesome tires. A bit slow, but what you give in speed is made up for in traction. Nice pic radair.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I love riding in snow...but I'm in NC so rarely happens. Got outta my 8 am chem class to find 1/4" of ice completely encasing my bike though. My xc tires have actually not slipped once in the ice or snow, I just keep it in a low gear. On the same subject, when I got the ice off my rims, every tiny bit of black brake marks came off and they look brand new. Saweet. here's to riding in a winter wonderland.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.