Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Glue Sniffer
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
See, it's our dream job.

I think it always has been, before we even knew of it's existence.

And I couldn't wait to spread the news.

My husband's pregnant.

Oh, wait. That's not it.

My husband and I are the new IMBA/Subaru Trail Care Crew!!!

So, you know...

HELLS FRICKIN' YEAH!!!

We've done it! We're going to get the opportunity to make an impact well beyond our South Florida borders. We're going to get the chance to learn from, and share our experiences with, local riders of all sorts. We will be in the unique position of selling off or storing everything we own, so that everything essential to us and our new lives fits in the back of a brightly painted Subaru Outback. We're going to spend the next two years, traveling the US and thousands of miles on hundreds of trails. We're going to spend the next two years seeing just what we're made of.

But, mostly, we'll be spending the next two years doing all we can do to keep the passion of the sport thriving.

Old office:

New office:

And, I plan on being a blogging/article writing machine, so any of y'alls who are interested in getting your cyberstalking on should be able to keep up on this upcoming odyssey of ours.

Can't.

Frickin'.

Wait.

(Anyone with a free room who wishes to shower us with libations and home cooked meals, just let us know...we'll probably be a little stinky.)

To the next new adventure...

And, pimpitude that Lil' John woulda been proud of...

·
pedal pusher
2,234 Posts
catzilla said:
See, it's our dream job.

Wow, congrats. What a great experience the two of you get to share. Im jelous.
What a way to get to do what you love. Hope you get out to california, awesome riding and lots of trail work being done here in tha bay area. Soquel Demonstration forest is a work in progress, transitioning towards some north shore style trails. Cool, have fun and I look forward to hearing about your adventures.

Sean

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
wow, maybe I need to reconsider our club's decision to NOT ask for the trail crew this summer! At any rate, the welcome mat is always out here!
Western or Eastern?

And funny, before I opened this thread I thought that somehow it was going to be about chocolate and man-pudding ( or whatever the heck it was that you called it!)

Big congrats!!

Formica

·
pedal pusher
2,234 Posts
*rt* said:
that's awesome girl!!!!

if you guys are in the atlanta area just let me know. i've got a hot shower and a whole bunch of great resturants in my neighborhood! :D

rt
That would'nt be Buckhead area would it rt

·
sunnyside up
1,193 Posts
Congratulations!

What a wonderful adventure you have ahead of you! If IMBA decides to send you to visit California, I'd be happy to give you the guided tour of Soquel Demonstration State Forest, including the Braille Trail and Sawpit Trail...

Patty Ciesla

Stewards of Soquel Forest

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
ayeyayyay

Holy cats.

Yup, if that doesn't qualify for "opportunity of a lifetime" I don't know what does.

If you two are ever in SoCal and need a place to sleep or a trail guide you know who to call.

B

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
It's like you guys have died and gone to heaven, without having to die or anything! :D

We had the IMBA team here not too long ago and it was terrific. Our club VP (now prez) took 'em out on the local trails the day before their presentation and I got to ride along. I even tried to impress them by cleaning a tough little turn and instead wiped out into a pile of wood :rolleyes:

Totally fabulous. I'm as jealous as everybody else who reads this post! Congrats! :cool:

·
Registered
681 Posts
knobbyknees said:
What a wonderful adventure you have ahead of you! If IMBA decides to send you to visit California, I'd be happy to give you the guided tour of Soquel Demonstration State Forest, including the Braille Trail and Sawpit Trail...

Patty Ciesla

Stewards of Soquel Forest
And if you did that, don't you dare not contact me first, as I live just down the street.

Congratulations, I am so jealous. B1tch.

Be sure to let us know where we can find your bloggage on this adventure.

Sabine
http://velobellababble.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice work

Super happy to hear about your wonderful opportunity! Life will surely be different! My husband and I have lived out of our vehicle for a little over a year and space quickly becomes an issue. If you go to your local 'outdoor store' ask them to peruse the Perigrine catalog. It is full of doo-dads that go beyond the average campers needs. It might help you out! Good Luck on your quest and thanks for making a difference! :p

·
Banned
226 Posts
Missle said:
Super happy to hear about your wonderful opportunity! Life will surely be different! My husband and I have lived out of our vehicle for a little over a year and space quickly becomes an issue. If you go to your local 'outdoor store' ask them to peruse the Perigrine catalog. It is full of doo-dads that go beyond the average campers needs. It might help you out! Good Luck on your quest and thanks for making a difference! :p
You're cross eyed? ;) actaully I was going to ask why you and your husband lived out of your vehicle. Wanna tell us?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.