Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pivot Rider
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the COMBA Beginner Ride! :drumroll:

Mark your calendars (or at least the calendars of your beginner riders) for Thursday, July 9.

• Bear Creek Lake Park -- meeting at N Rooney Rd/Morrison Rd across from the Conoco
  • Look for the COMBA banner
  • Meet at 5:45 pm; wheels down at 6:00 pm
  • Bring water, energy gels/bars, helmet, tube, tire levers, pump, wind/rain jkt, WORKING bike and....... a beginner rider!
:D

Please rsvp at: [email protected]

·
Pivot Rider
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Givng this a little push...

This is a great way to get your friends, wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, neighbors, acquaintances and maybe even some of our JCOS friends out on the trails!

Andy -- bring your wife!

The rest of you -- I'm sure you know someone who would love to ride without the pressure to keep up with more experienced riders.

Ok -- reminder done. :D

·
not actually bad :)
1,768 Posts
Thanks Nancy, it was a good group.
Kara had fun, and really appreciated the pointers from Christy.
She sounds interested in riding with your beginner group sometime, but we'll be out of town for the next one.
Looking forward to the next COMBA beginner ride next month.
Good to meet Scott, Jay and the others as well.
FYI everyone - the section of Mt Carbon trail that parallels the park road - between Whitetail and Cottontail trailheads on this map:
http://www.lakewood.org/comres/repository/Documents/Parks/BCLP/BCLPTrailMap.pdf
is really beautiful right now with some GREAT purple flowers in there - not sure what they are - someone could identify them if I wasn't too lazy to stop and get my old camera out!
Take a newbie there!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for putting that on as well as the newbie advice, Yetigirl, Jay, and Christy. :)

I've never been on that trail before so it was fun to get another one under my belt.

See ya!

Scott

·
Pivot Rider
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good times for sure....

Thanks Andy! It was good fun! Glad Kara liked the ride -- it's so rewarding when you see people getting into this sport and they realize that its just amazing fun to ride -- noob's put too much pressure on themselves to ride at higher "levels" than what they need to.....

I'm thinking the 3rd and the 17th for the Divas Beginner Ride for August. As soon as I sit down long enough to plan out next month's rides, I'll let you know!

I had my camera, btw -- I was too busy swatting the mosquitos to take a pix of those beautiful flowers! sorry.....

·
Pivot Rider
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FooserX said:
Thanks for putting that on as well as the newbie advice, Yetigirl, Jay, and Christy. :)

I've never been on that trail before so it was fun to get another one under my belt.

See ya!

Scott
It was good meeting you Scott! Hope to see you at our COMBA Social Ride on the 23rd! You'll enjoy that ride too! :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts