Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Together in a rideable format. Not sure on the tires yet (I grabbed some I had in the parts bin), final hose mounting, stem, handlebar height, or pedals-- But it moves. When I get all that stuff decided and it weighed, I will post it on the build archives.

·
My cup runneth over
2,429 Posts
Can you see how the Burner is smirking at the ID? You know the Red Dragon (in case you haven't named her yet!) is laughing knowing the Black Hole (in case you haven't named IT yet!) ain't never going to see the seat of your pants again :D

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
lidarman said:
Hell NO! It's raining and it might melt if I get it wet!;)
Thinking like that indicates you've been riding that Id too long. (It's too purdy to git durty!) :D

Congrats, Rich. Nice stable.

·
\|/Home of the Braves\|/
1,926 Posts
Schweet, dig the color too!
That was some air to catch on your first ride to get that branch, hope mine accelerates like that :)

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
Looks great Rich, I'm gonna try some stop mounted hose guides and if they dont work I'll probably drill out the stops like I did on my Truth.

Did you get out on her before the weather came in? Looks ify for the next few days

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
Ohh - I like it. That bike is just begging to get up to the high country for some CT action - if this snow ever stops! Poor Ells is gonna be lonesome.

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rroeder said:
Looks great Rich, I'm gonna try some stop mounted hose guides and if they dont work I'll probably drill out the stops like I did on my Truth.

Did you get out on her before the weather came in? Looks ify for the next few days
I thought about drilling those stops out too, but then I have to tear the brakes apart and redo the ferrule, etc. It just happened that the hose on the Avid Juices were about the right length. The front was a little long but it curled up in a nice way.

Yep, I'm going to get some of those guides myself.

I hope the weather isn't like this next week on the western slope. Memories of JD's 9-hr mudslog come to mine in Delta, CO!

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
lidarman said:
I thought about drilling those stops out too, but then I have to tear the brakes apart and redo the ferrule, etc. It just happened that the hose on the Avid Juices were about the right length.
You could file back the slot and the hose snaps in, also, if you put a ziptie on the hose(not the frame) where it enters the rear stop/guide the hose will stay in place nicely when the suspension cycles. Have fun at the festival with your new rig!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.