Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the time to build another bike, to compliment my bullit. This one seems to be more DH stable as where the bullit is definently a FR machine.
Would I be better putting a 24" on the rear?
I know the RM7's had there problems and so have all frames at one time or another, the main one is shocks blowing up. So I put an avy on it.
Weight is 39 lbs
Build:
RM7
boxxer 04 wc conversion with slippery silvers comp/reb
thomson x.4
answer protaper 31.8 bars
x.9 shifters
odi loc ons
hope m4's
odi loc ons
koobi saddle Mag
thomson post
turbine cranks
xpedo mag pedals
mrp mini me customized with an e-13 bash 40th running dual rings
deemax ims
chris king hubs
avalanche dhs 2.25 800lb spring
kenda blue groove front
maxxis 40d slo reezay rear minion
fda dh pro headset (black king is on it's way)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JBsoxB said:
cranks are awsome. get a dif frame though. sick bike!
Whats the downfall to the frame, I can beef it up and have it re heat treated. It seems a little squirrley in the rear, new bearings and an avy took care of that.
It handles drops excellent with a plush and endless feeling.
So what is the big beef against the rm7 frames?

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,000 Posts
bullcrew said:
Whats the downfall to the frame, I can beef it up and have it re heat treated. It seems a little squirrley in the rear, new bearings and an avy took care of that.
It handles drops excellent with a plush and endless feeling.
So what is the big beef against the rm7 frames?
a lot of complaints about the rear shock linkage and breakage issues

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hey man,
glad you got that bike together! It looks sick in that powdered white with the red and yellow highlights. I'll be in touch this week with that seat and hipefuly about some ano work.

Bryan

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
thats soooo sick.. my friend just got an RM7.

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
the only thing i dont like about the older rm's is the rear swingarm is so dinky looking. it just doesnt go with the front triangle. i think they did a great job on the rmx's though. you managed to build it up at 39lbs to i lifted a rmx onto a chairlift once(i got to work it for an hour at wintergreen) the bike was a tank but that did not discourage me from wanting one soo bad. if i can get a rm7 or an rmx i deff will. gret alooking bike man

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
KevinM[Freerider] said:
thats soooo sick.. my friend just got an RM7.
Thanks, I followed the same build as my bullit and it seemed to be bullit proof.
The bike weighs 39lbs now and thats without ti spring and a heavier tire on the rear.
Spring and tire should bring it down around 37.5 ready to go.
Yes weight is a concern of mine, and reguar maintenance and tuning is like a relegion to me.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
austinb89 said:
the only thing i dont like about the older rm's is the rear swingarm is so dinky looking. it just doesnt go with the front triangle. i think they did a great job on the rmx's though. you managed to build it up at 39lbs to i lifted a rmx onto a chairlift once(i got to work it for an hour at wintergreen) the bike was a tank but that did not discourage me from wanting one soo bad. if i can get a rm7 or an rmx i deff will. gret alooking bike man
Thanks, I appreciate the non hate rm7 compliment.
I really don't care for the people that bag a ride, 1/2 of their bikes in my opinion are crap anywase. Would I express that "NO" I might give it a compliment and mention the problems that frame was inherent to having just so they can prepare or look into.
Anyhow I've had alot of different frames and rode several others. I like the rm7 and give it props on handling and landings, it all out rocks. The bullit what can I say reliable and bullit proof, with an avy it handles beatifull. Both get my thumbs up and will remain in my stable as permanent frames. Great bikes.
The swing arm does look skinny though, as long as it doesnt snap it can wear a bikini for all I care.:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts