Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
riding indoors is bor-ing!

Would everyone west of the Mississippi please face east and blow as hard as you can? We need this rain to keep moving out to sea. Sigh.:rolleyes:

Do they make pontoons for mtbikes?

Kathy

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I'd rather it be raining than 108 degrees, like it will be here again today...

but sorry for your frustration...:)

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Should've been w/ us at Slatyfork this weekend. Flashflood warnings, one guy's tent turned into a waterbed. One guy that came down asked me when the trail dried out. :D Dry trails? Waz dat? The guy from San Francisco said we were all crazy. Reconfirmed his notion that he was a dry weather rider. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
day1si said:
:eek:ut:
Rain only leads to road riding only...
108 leads to just more water in the Camelback!!!
yeah, ok...I'm the crazy one...:thumbsup:
hope someone knows where you are when you die of heatstroke and dehydration...

btw...you can ride trails in the rain...people do it all the time...just ask the canadians...

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
I've decided that if I take the train everytime rain is predicted, I'll never ride again. The forecast calls for rain EVERY DAY this week!! :madman:

Thunderstorms predicted, I rode anyway. I'll probably die sliding into traffic or getting struck by lightning but I can't take it anymore :crazy:

·
~*~*~*~*~
590 Posts
Christine said:
I'll probably die sliding into traffic or getting struck by lightning
Last Tuesday, there was a break in the rain so I rode down to a group ride in a park about 1 1/2 miles from my house.
As we got back to the parking lot around 8pm, some big, dark clouds spitting lightning closed in so I said a quick goodbye and sped out of there.
I started sprinting back to the house. I almost made it, with about 1/2 mile left, the rain started.
It was so exhilarating! Pushing as fast as I could go, with the rain running down my helmet and I'm trying to blow it off my face so I can see.
The lightning didn't bother me, but I was afraid of getting hit by a car in the wet half- darkness.

·
Freeriding Feline
2,548 Posts
I try not to ride in the rain but if it keeps up like this I might have to go for a short one. It's supposed to be all week looooooooong.

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
Right now on The Weather Channel: Does wearing an underwire bra/using a cellphone/ having a tongue piercing make you more susceptible to getting hit by lightning?

:skep:

Answer: No. :rolleyes:

Nothing about riding a bike, though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.