Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after over a year of wanting and a lot of help and research here, I finally broke down and ordered my 5 Spot today! Thanks for answering my questions and helping me out, this site is invaluable. I honestly believe I have bought the best all around trail/heavyxc bike made. I look forward to years of fun exercise and enjoyment. Single track is beginning to appeal to me as much as a powder day in the trees! Here's my final spec sheet. I cut a few corners, but splurged where I thought I wouldn't, like custom wheels/hadley hubs. Chad at Red Barn was very helpful and patient with me, not to mention a great price on the package. Now I just have to get through a couple more weeks on the old Komodo hardtail!
frame Turner 5 Spot w/ DHXair , large, black
fork 06’ Pike 454 U-turn Air
headset King
handlebar Answer Alumilite
stem Axiom 5 X 110mm
shifters Sram X9 triggers
brake levers Marta
brakes Magura Marta 180f / 160 r
seatpost Axiom
saddle WTB rocket v team
crankset Shimano XT M760
bottombracket hollowtech
pedals none
chain Sram PC970
f. derailleur XT
rear derailleur Sram X9
cassette LX 11-34
wheels Hadley SDH hubs laced to Mavic XM819’s
skewers shimano
tires Kenda Blue Groove and Nevegal
tubes Kenda
rim tape Pedros
cables stainless
housing compressionless

·
Living the Dream
1,798 Posts
You're probably going to want to use pedals

Was going with Hadleys a big increase over the hopes?

[QUOTE
pedals none
wheels Hadley SDH hubs laced to Mavic XM819's
tires Kenda Blue Groove and Nevegal
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it was about $100 more for the Hadley's, or maybe 180, I don't remember actually. Yeah... I couldn't afford pedals, so who needs 'em anyway! TIME ATAC, already have 'em

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.