Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
PoorBehavior said:
One thing I think several people noticed is that the crank length is 175mm not 180mm. Might want to give Zedsport a call if they have not shipped to check first if it is important to you.
All cranks are 175mm. I remember why now.

Originally the bikes were specced with a very low rent Truvativ crank. That's only available in 175mm max length, with a 33t chainring and a proprietary splined BB - really not very nice, but they were cheap.

BUT a few weeks after we placed the order, Truvativ contacted us to say didn't have stock, and so we hopped up to the super-dooper GXP external bearing, cold forged, loveliness that is the Stylo Team.

And when we did that we took a big hit on the bottom line, but the customers got lovely cranks.

BUT when we did that, we were in such a rush to get the bikes built, we forgot to take them up on the longer 180mm length that the Stylo Team SS comes in. Though we forgot about this when we wrote the spec.

SO - I guess I understand why people are a little pissed about not getting 180's. But from our standpoint, realise that you're getting much much better cranks than you were due to get.

No offence intended. I will work on a buy-back price if anyone really doesn't want the Stylo 175s - as I can sell them all day long to SS riders. But it won't be close to Stylo SS retail price - more typically around 50% off RRP (just like the bike is pretty close to 50% RRP of the parts fitted).

·
I always bleed like this.
496 Posts
All cranks are 175mm. I remember why now.

No offence intended. I will work on a buy-back price if anyone really doesn't want the Stylo 175s - as I can sell them all day long to SS riders. But it won't be close to Stylo SS retail price - more typically around 50% off RRP (just like the bike is pretty close to 50% RRP of the parts fitted).
Personally Brant I don't think it is a huge issue but I have never had a SS before. These cranks are beautiful though, I am a bit worried about scratching anything on the bike right now, not used to having a bike that is so sharp looking. At 6' even I use nothing but 175mm now and If I went to 180mm I would have to shove my seat forward and I want the larger cockpit that I have now. Brant I suppose I will bug you later if I think it is a huge issue but right now I have no complaints.

Merry Xmas to everyone and be damned the PC Police.

·
Front Range Cyclist
943 Posts
awai04 said:
...What handlebars are those? I like them.
Those look like On-One's "Fleagle" (sp?) handlebars. Sorta like the Mary's w/o the rise. Kinda digging them myself and strongly considering buying one to try.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts