Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Keep rollin'
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pressed the "submit" button on the order for my new 18" Inbred 29er SS. I went with the 18" instead of the 21" because I read that Brant himself is 6'1.5" or so, and wouldn't dream of riding the 21". I'm about the exact same height so I hope every thing works out, I'm a bit nervous really.

A couple firsts for me, first SS, first 29er, first quality bike. And I can't friggin' wait! Even had enough cash left over to get some new pedals. I ordered two sets of pedals, both Crank Brothers, the 5050x's(black and silver for now) and a set of Candy's(black). One set will go on my old bike, not that I will ever ride it anymore. There are some nasty hills in the area (particular trails) so the gears will be kept.

It's been a good week...

1. Done with college
2. My beloved hometown Cincinnati Bengals clinch a playoff birth for the first time since 1990 (I was 10 years old at the time)
3. New bike and bits on the way!

Thanks to all,
...iC...

·
Reviewer/Tester
6,176 Posts
Pics and ride report when you get it all done please.. :)

Hope you get it soon.. :)

R.

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
Me Too!

I ordered the 18" Inbred 29"er frame only. I also am 6'1", with a 34" inseam. That top tube length on the 21" is enormous....well at least to me! Cloxxki or taller folk may not agree!

I am currently working on my build sheet, so it'll be awhile before mine is done, but that's okay. I've got a Karate Monkey to ride now. My Inbred will also be ss, purple Surly hubs, and hopefully a Bontrager Switchblade fork, but they are not due out till the end of January. I might look into a WaltWorks fork for it. That would match the style of seat stay construction that the Inbred has. So many decisions!

Good luck with yours and Happy Trails!

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Guitar Ted said:
I ordered the 18" Inbred 29"er frame only. I also am 6'1", with a 34" inseam. That top tube length on the 21" is enormous....well at least to me! Cloxxki or taller folk may not agree!

I am currently working on my build sheet, so it'll be awhile before mine is done, but that's okay. I've got a Karate Monkey to ride now. My Inbred will also be ss, purple Surly hubs, and hopefully a Bontrager Switchblade fork, but they are not due out till the end of January. I might look into a WaltWorks fork for it. That would match the style of seat stay construction that the Inbred has. So many decisions!

Good luck with yours and Happy Trails!

Very embarrasingly, I've just shipped an 18in complete bike, with a set of BB7's and a set of Reba's to Danville, CA.

Unfortunately the guy who we've shipped it to, cancelled his order a few weeks ago, and it didn't filter through my "system" properly.

If anyone is near Danville in CA, and would like a bit better price on that complete set up, then let me know! I'm keen to work something out quickly!

·
Keep rollin'
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very embarrasingly, I've just shipped an 18in complete bike, with a set of BB7's and a set of Reba's to Danville, CA.

Unfortunately the guy who we've shipped it to, cancelled his order a few weeks ago, and it didn't filter through my "system" properly.

If anyone is near Danville in CA, and would like a bit better price on that complete set up, then let me know! I'm keen to work something out quickly!
Just have them forward that one directly to me! I'll take it off your hands. :D

Unfortunately, I'm about 75% across the country in KY.

...iC...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Got one too...

InnocentCriminal said:
I just pressed the "submit" button on the order for my new 18" Inbred 29er SS. I went with the 18" instead of the 21" because I read that Brant himself is 6'1.5" or so, and wouldn't dream of riding the 21". I'm about the exact same height so I hope every thing works out, I'm a bit nervous really.

A couple firsts for me, first SS, first 29er, first quality bike. And I can't friggin' wait! Even had enough cash left over to get some new pedals. I ordered two sets of pedals, both Crank Brothers, the 5050x's(black and silver for now) and a set of Candy's(black). One set will go on my old bike, not that I will ever ride it anymore. There are some nasty hills in the area (particular trails) so the gears will be kept.

It's been a good week...

1. Done with college
2. My beloved hometown Cincinnati Bengals clinch a playoff birth for the first time since 1990 (I was 10 years old at the time)
3. New bike and bits on the way!

Thanks to all,
...iC...
IC, I got my frame about a month ago and haven't the time or money to put my wheels together yet. IT'S KILLING ME!!!! I'm Ebaying junk to fund the wheels but it 'aint going fast enough. I wonder if Brandt will warranty the paint job on my frame...well, er, I do go down to the basement and touch it often.....
BikerTim

·
Registered
386 Posts

I am in Oregon, but I am interested if there was some way to get it here.

·
Registered
803 Posts
too far to reship to singapore? hahahahaha

ok, currently i am riding a 20" geared inbred with the accompanying On*One's rigid fork. so if i was to go with a 29er Inbred, it should be the 18" 29er? i'm 1.86m tall

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Welcome to the forums, WarPigs!

Look at the effective toptubes of your own bike, and the 18/21 29"ers. Look at the stem length you prefer now, and what you'd like on the 29"er. Difference in top tube lengths will tell you.

·
I always bleed like this.
496 Posts
Just got my 18" 29'er Inbred. Put it together at work, everybody was very interested in my new ride. Got to say, really sweet bike. I have absolutely nothing I can be upset about. The Fleegle bars look kinda weird and feel perfect. The detail on the bike is outstanding. I am not going to jinx myself so I will leave it at that but you are going to be very satisfied when you get your ride.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Do any of you guys know where I can find some measurements of the Inbred frame? Like many of us, I'm not sure what size I need. I want to compare the On One to the KM....to see which would fit me better.

Thanks

·
Registered
386 Posts
will951 said:
Do any of you guys know where I can find some measurements of the Inbred frame? Like many of us, I'm not sure what size I need. I want to compare the On One to the KM....to see which would fit me better.

Thanks

www.on-one.co.uk

When I looked last they had measurements posted for the inbred.

·
Front Range Cyclist
943 Posts
I just ordered mine, the frame will be here tomorrow and the fork next week. Going to piece it up with avid mags, Zipp hubs/Mavic CXP 33 rims, Rockshox post, race face stem, and 2x9 XTR crank. X9 shifting. Though may setup single at first. Trying to decide what to do for handlebars, i have a small stash I can dig into....tempted to steal stuff off my full suspension rig but want to ride the two side by side to see which I dig better. Next is trying to decide on tires, 2.3 Exi's or Ignitors. I live in Colorado so think the bigger rubber may be nice.

I'll have pics to post in a week or so.

·
496 Posts
OneGearGuy said:
I'm diggin' your beanie, my man!
As soon as the little stinker saw it he claimed it as his. I turned around and he was wearing it talking about how he had a new hat. He took the thing to school. Now I won't be cool because he already has one.

·
Registered
129 Posts
PoorBehavior said:
I may have to put blocks on my feet but the 18" looks to be fine, and I love my new flame beanie.

Did you get the complete bike? I'm waiting from mine to come from Zedsport. May I ask what tires were shipped with yours?

·
496 Posts
p0werp0p said:
Did you get the complete bike? I'm waiting from mine to come from Zedsport. May I ask what tires were shipped with yours?
Got the complete bike. Came with Exiwolfs in the front and Nanoraptors in the back.
Just took her around the corner and back, through my neighbors yards and I am really impressed, feels VERY nice.
One thing I think several people noticed is that the crank length is 175mm not 180mm. Might want to give Zedsport a call if they have not shipped to check first if it is important to you.

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
p0werp0p said:
Zedsport just got theirs today. They were gonna get cracking on the shipping when I talked to them this morning!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts