Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
He's is Austin Tejas now, selling life insurance or cars or something. Outta the bike biz last I heard. I think bigwheel has his contact info. Maybe.

·
Armor by Band-Aid
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hurl said:
do you have a contact for Wes?

thanks.
Nothing current, but Bigwheel was trying to dig up the info a couple of days ago. This bike used to belong to some dude named Mike Curiak or something like that. Tells me that he likes to go on long rides and such... ;)

·
Armor by Band-Aid
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
~martini~ said:
ActionTec. Trumps the headshok by a few years.

Sweet rig Term. Did you file the DO's again, or did you manage to find a magic gear?
No filing on this rig.

The sweet Lord loves me. I was hoping to run 34x22 on it (same ratio I ran on my Fat Ti when I had it setup with 700c wheels), and when I put those gears on it had perfect tension. I said Hallelujah!

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
terminaut said:
...I think the weight is around 20 pounds. Oh if only I had a nice bike scale! ;)
I got one of those "nice scales" at Sea Otter. Send the bike to me and I will weigh it. You can pick it up the next time you visit.

·
Armor by Band-Aid
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
shiggy said:
I got one of those "nice scales" at Sea Otter. Send the bike to me and I will weigh it. You can pick it up the next time you visit.
Ever the gentleman. I will keep your offer on file until such time as I find something appropriate that I'd like for you to weigh. :D

·
Armor by Band-Aid
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fast Eddy said:
I mean, it looks like it fell off the roof rack or something to get all bent up like that.

Nice looking though.
Heheh. It's one of those aesthetic things where there's only the extremes. You either love it or you hate it. Believe it or not, roadie builder David Kirk recently introduced something he calls "Terraplane" rear triangle that's remarkably similar in concept to Willits' design, albeit not as elegant IMHO... Plus it's not in ti, either. :{

I am extremely impressed with how comfy this frame rides and am looking forward to a whole lotta fun miles ahead.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Action tech?

terminaut said:
Or so I tell myself! :D

Welcome to my latest acquisition - a one-of-a-kind Willits titanium 29"er. This is my second Willits and like the other, it features some exquisite titanium swaging. I think the weight is around 20 pounds. Oh if only I had a nice bike scale! ;)

Biieeutiful bike, did Action Tech make the 29r blades or just the internals? I didn't see them listed on the Action tech site.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Paris Dakar mode

Looks a lot cleaner as a SS.

But if you ever get the urge to go border to border it's nice to know you can, or at least the bike can ;)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.