Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Woohoooooo!!

Just keep a jar close at hand so that you don't get caught "indisposed" as described in my post yesterday.

Bob

·
Registered
34 Posts
I Win =)

Jan 11, 2007 12:07 PM Delivered Exeter, NH 2:19 AM
Jan 10, 2007 1:42 PM Delivery exception
Jan 9, 2007 9:11 AM Shipment exception
Jan 8, 2007 6:36 PM Delivery exception
Jan 6, 2007 3:27 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery

Pictures to come tonight. Where do you people host them?

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Upload from your PC

IamShakes said:
You can upload your pics from the PC when you post. There is a place at the bottom of the screan to upload them before you submit your post. This ensures that the pics aren't too unweildly to look at. We're having issues in another thread viewing some hosted pics because of their size.

Bob

·
Cuánto pesa?
7,823 Posts
I do all mine on my computer with the software that came with the PC. If your looking for more info ask over in the (click>) General Discussion board. :thumbsup:

Jake :ihih:
IamShakes said:
I Win =)
Jan 11, 2007 12:07 PM Delivered Exeter, NH 2:19 AM
Jan 10, 2007 1:42 PM Delivery exception
Jan 9, 2007 9:11 AM Shipment exception
Jan 8, 2007 6:36 PM Delivery exception
Jan 6, 2007 3:27 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got it... putting it together... had some stuff which weren't put correctly but i've got that fixed... now if only i can get my old pedals off of dogonfr's bike... It's stuck and i cant get one pedal off.... also, i cant get the retainer on the rear shock to come off either. Need to change the springs... i sat on it... and guess what, with compression all the way up, there's maybe 5%sag... dang i need to gain weight...

·
Cuánto pesa?
7,823 Posts
mrpercussive said:
got it... putting it together... had some stuff which weren't put correctly but i've got that fixed... now if only i can get my old pedals off of dogonfr's bike... It's stuck and i cant get one pedal off.... also, i cant get the retainer on the rear shock to come off either. Need to change the springs... i sat on it... and guess what, with compression all the way up, there's maybe 5%sag... dang i need to gain weight...
Well its 6:30pm, done managing attachments yet?

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Came in at 11am today and i've been working on it the whole day

The bearings on the front hub for the thru axel came off and was loose... easy fix. Had to readjust the top crown and cockpit to fit me properly and readjusted the fork. Then spent the whole day figuring out how to take out the 650lbs spring... My friend gave me the idea of compressing it and then using zipties to hold the compression to remove the retainer... Worked like aa charm... Now running a 350lbs... but i still need a lighter spring... maybe a 250lbs...

Jack was right... the seat stays are so high up that you dont need a patch there and as for cable rub, it is minimal due to the cable routing. The front brake hose wasnt routed correctly though, but that was an easy fix too. Put the bike together and took it off for a first ride... less then a minute out the door i bunny hope onto a curb and i hear BANG... I pinched flat... ahahaha i suck... Went back, changed tube and went out again...

Second run i rode around my apartment grounds with stairs and stuff... launched off a flight of 5 steps and the front landed first on the flat... Fork did a really good job from making me go otb... :) Did it again this time rolled it... :)

Although the spring is still pretty stiff for me, it should be fine for freeriding and taking big hits. But right now not plush enough for DH. I'm at 20% or less sag right now... Tomorrow i'm taking it out to the local DJ site...

Here are some pics... they dont look too good cause the sun had set already, but hey... Better then nothing for now... :)

Attachments

·
Cuánto pesa?
7,823 Posts
Your offically a member of the Clan............Welcome little brother....

mrpercussive said:
Although the spring is still pretty stiff for me, it should be fine for freeriding and taking big hits. But right now not plush enough for DH. I'm at 20% or less sag right now... Tomorrow i'm taking it out to the local DJ site...
Here are some pics... they dont look too good cause the sun had set already, but hey... Better then nothing for now... :)
Sweet XD. I'm speechless :thumbsup:

Jake :ihih:

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
I'm jealous!

I want my Atlas!!:cryin: :cryin:

Looks nice, and great write-up, too. Pinch flat and OTB before the thing even hit the trails..LOL

I bet you're one happy kid! Congrats, your patience has paid off. You have one hell of a ride now.

Bob

P.S. yer gonna kick dog's butt on that thing...hehehehe

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
haha... otb yet... just almost... i'm just saying that the fork although pretty entry level still manages to be plush and setup right with my featherweight body... Also gotta breakinto that rear shock. I think that maybe the reason why it's soo stiff... Maybe i dont need another spring... Oh well... only time will tell... Which means, i wont be kicking anyones butt on the gnarly stuff yet...

Still a couple of things to do... Reset the lever play with filler gauges on the brakes, break into the rear shock, and put on my Maxxis Minions... hahahaha. But for tomorrow i think she'll be fine... Only dj...

cmc - dog has his Blitz II now... it's very hard to say, and hell he's one fast dog... :)
paintballerxc - you gotta come on up here with us on Saturday... No excuses... :)
red5 - Thanx... i actually made a video called "in the zone". Check it out... hahahaha

Had nothing else better to do that day... XD

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.