Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked it up today but only got a short quick ride as its raining here today. My first impression of the bike is that it's a beast and really heavy. However it doesn't ride like one once you get the bike moving. The motor comes on smoothly and quietly, no jerky power delivery. Love the Mission Control app which allows me to tailor the power delivery to my liking. Need the weather to clear up so I can get some quality time on the trails. For now here is a pic of the new ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Really nice looking bike! Love the integrated look of the battery and also the motor in the frame. Combines the best aesthetic of my easy motion evo snow and haibike sduro hard seven.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I wonder how long until the "where do you ride it, is it legal there?" post shows up? Perhaps the Usual Suspects are sleeping late this morning.....?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder how long until the "where do you ride it, is it legal there?" post shows up? Perhaps the Usual Suspects are sleeping late this morning.....?
Doesn't matter, I live in Delaware and pedal assist bikes are allowed on state owned trails. I also actually called the park offices and confirmed its legal to ride them. Other states may be different but Delaware is one of the states that doesn't have a problem with pedal assist bikes.

·
mtb'er
4,188 Posts
Please... wherever you ride, please be courteous and friendly to other trail users... especially mountain bikers. Surprise others with your friendliness, not your speed. If you are passing a mt biker or pedestrian on a rigorous climb, don't just "zzzzzzzzzzz" by without saying something. Something like "enjoy your day" or "keep it up" or "have fun" or "I'm still pedaling hard", etc.

You're goal is to behave such that fellow trail users say to others later, "I saw/think I saw an ebiker today. He/she was totally nice."

No different that what I preach to our HS mt bikers.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please... wherever you ride, please be courteous and friendly to other trail users... especially mountain bikers. Surprise others with your friendliness, not your speed. If you are passing a mt biker or pedestrian on a rigorous climb, don't just "zzzzzzzzzzz" by without saying something. Something like "enjoy your day" or "keep it up" or "have fun" or "I'm still pedaling hard", etc.

You're goal is to behave such that fellow trail users say to others later, "I saw/think I saw an ebiker today. He/she was totally nice."

No different that what I preach to our HS mt bikers.
I'm not and ignorant person and I understand E Bikers are the new guy on the trails. I always yield to joggers, hikers, and horse riders even when I'm on my regular bike. I plan to enjoy my e bike but do so without causing harm to the trails I ride and being courteous to others who use the same trails I use. I wanted to trail ride today but we had a lot of rain so if I do get out and ride it will be on the street. Hopefully the weather gets better and the trails dry out so I can get it out on a trail ride.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Doesn't matter, I live in Delaware and pedal assist bikes are allowed on state owned trails. I also actually called the park offices and confirmed its legal to ride them. Other states may be different but Delaware is one of the states that doesn't have a problem with pedal assist bikes.

I grew up down in Lower Slower Delaware and will be visiting friends in Sussex County next summer. Can we ride our ebikes on the beach at Cape Henlopen and south of the Inlet?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I grew up down in Lower Slower Delaware and will be visiting friends in Sussex County next summer. Can we ride our ebikes on the beach at Cape Henlopen and south of the Inlet?
I never checked there so you might want to check with the local park officials first. I checked with White Clay and Brandywine Creek State Parks. A pedal assist bike is still classified as a "bicycle" in Delaware so I'm assuming you wouldn't have an issue but it's always better to check first.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Might be a few days before White Clay Creek dries out looking at the forecast and all the rain we got over the weekend. Maybe the storms will miss us today.

Somewhat curious if the park system will adopt different rules if e-bikes catch on since I think they just took the language straight from DELDOT.

Did you get that from Wooden Wheels?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Might be a few days before White Clay Creek dries out looking at the forecast and all the rain we got over the weekend. Maybe the storms will miss us today.

Somewhat curious if the park system will adopt different rules if e-bikes catch on since I think they just took the language straight from DELDOT.

Did you get that from Wooden Wheels?
No Brandywine Cyclery in Branmar Shopping Center. As for the rules who knows. Right now riding it on the trails isn't an issue and hopefully it stays that way as this sucker wasn't cheap!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice how loud is it???? how many speeds??? keep us posted
So far it's awesome but I haven't had much ride time as its been raining almost every day.

·
Ride da mOOn
8,470 Posts
This thread will not go down this road. Any input on the OPs ride is gladly accepted. Where one rides is not the topic of this thread and I will banish all talk of that in this thread!

·
Registered
826 Posts
No Brandywine Cyclery in Branmar Shopping Center. As for the rules who knows. Right now riding it on the trails isn't an issue and hopefully it stays that way as this sucker wasn't cheap!!!
Do you know if they do any maintenance on the drive system? Have been slightly curious how that would work if something went wrong with the motor. Will the mechanics start needing electronics skills as well, or does it get sent out?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This thread will not go down this road. Any input on the OPs ride is gladly accepted. Where one rides is not the topic of this thread and I will banish all talk of that in this thread!
Thanks, want this thread to be about the Specialized Turbo Levo bikes and my experience with the bike. Hope to get some more seat time later in the week and report back on how the bike performs. Also plan to play with the Mission Control App and report back on that.

I did find that Garmin makes a small wireless E Bike Controller that I'll be purchasing which will allow me to change modes and monitor battery life without having to reach down for the control pad on the bike frame. Stay tuned!!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do you know if they do any maintenance on the drive system? Have been slightly curious how that would work if something went wrong with the motor. Will the mechanics start needing electronics skills as well, or does it get sent out?
They do service the bike but with the electronics I'm not sure they wouldn't just replace rather than repair.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok I'll play nice. Some basic info please. Watts, speed, throttle assist?
530 Watts max, no throttle, pedal assist only, max speed 20 mph but with the weight and 6Fattie tires I doubt that is obtainable. Price is 4K for the HT Comp 6Fattie.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts