"I am beyond Gnar".

Attachments

·
i can't type the letter s
1,093 Posts
Aquaholic said:
"I am beyond Gnar".
I am beyond gnar. I'm Meta-Gnar. :rolleyes:

PUHLEEZE....Whafe comes to town and all you have to post is this crappy pic of my ghey pose, where are the gnar ride pics I had to take while you and Whafe had all the fun?

Notice Whafe checking out his Nicolai to my right...."that's hawt."

·
1,093 Posts
Tidybeard said:
Does it hurt?
Only when I fall. :D

Y'know, there's movement. I can feel movement when I move my arm and I can push down on the break / bump and create movement at the juncture, but I don't have any pain when I do that. So, no, it doesn't hurt.

I am avoiding large drops (more than three feet) but I am jumping off small drops and ledges, charging rock gardens, and I have climbed a wall or two since the break. It was hard to stay off the drops and steeps with Whafe in town, but I managed to harness my ego.

As I posted at Christmas, I started riding 3 weeks after the break and have been riding at least twice a week since then with no pain. I think most clavicle breaks disrupt / tear muscles and tendons / ligament structures more than mine did so most people, without surgery, can't really do much for 3 months except manage. I'm just really fortunate. The new X-rays do look unusual though, the bone is making close to a 90 degree turn as the two pieces attempt to union. Pretty cool.

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
mouse jockey said:
PUHLEEZE....Whafe comes to town and all you have to post is this crappy pic of my ghey pose, where are the gnar ride pics I had to take while you and Whafe had all the fun?
Yeah, let's see the rest of the pics.

·
Registered
46 Posts
wow

I was told by a Dr. that there is a chance you can puncture a lung if you fall riding with a non union Collarbone.:eekster:

·
1,093 Posts
bung hole said:
I was told by a Dr. that there is a chance you can puncture a lung if you fall riding with a non union Collarbone.:eekster:
You can, I don't recommend following my example but as stated earlier I'm more than gnar, I'm Meta-Gnar.

In all seriousness, thanks for the concerns. My explanations may be weak but it's all I gots.

Point 1: If I fall, I can be toast, yes (punctured lung is real possibility). That's outside my concern. If I can keep my ego in check (harder to do when riding with others, easy when I'm alone) there is a pretty slim chance I'll fall. It's about the same chance as me slipping off a curb. It could happen but probably won't. That's why it's outside my concern.

Point 2: The movement that occurs while riding is actually less movement than when I'm going about my daily life: picking up my daughter, weeding my back yard, setting up playgrounds, having sex, taking my shirt off, that sort of stuff. How do ribs heal when there's movement? The osteoblasts (bone cells) just find a way. It does take a long time with a clavicle because there is always going to be some movement (apart from surgery). My job is to limit that movement to help the healing. My limit may not be another's.

Point 3: The extent of my judgment is determined by four things: 1. Acute Pain, is there any? Yes, stop action. No, continue with caution. 2. Is there chronic pain, any throbbing after action? Yes, don't do what you've just did until sometime later. No, I may do the same actions as previous. 3. Strength and movement, is there a diminishment in any way? 4. X-rays, is everything proceeding as well as can be?

So far, so good on all counts.

But really, my results are out of the ordinary according to everybody, including my doctor, I've talked too. So, be careful out there and thanks for the concerns.

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mouse jockey said:
But really, my results are out of the ordinary according to everybody, including my doctor, I've talked too. Blah, Blah, Blahbity, Blah, Blah

MJ: "I think I can hit this....I'm feeling it".

Us: "No Tom..You are NOT hitting it.

MJ: "OK...Really, I'm all over this one...I'm gonna just hit it soft".

US: "No Tom...sit your ass down".

MJ: "No..I'm telling ya..... I can really do this this...just this one roll".

Us: "STFU".

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
I am a gangly fat F.... But dang my sidi's are comfy............

A great ride all round, the Nicolai coped well with the 2 Turners.....LOL

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Hmmm, this sounds all too familiar, this riding with broken bones.....I seem to remember a guy, not so long ago, on the old Socalmtb boards, I think his name started with el-jefe, then he graduated to HumanLawnDart. :thumbsup:

·
1,093 Posts
inkpad said:
Hmmm, this sounds all too familiar, this riding with broken bones.....I seem to remember a guy, not so long ago, on the old Socalmtb boards, I think his name started with el-jefe, then he graduated to HumanLawnDart. :thumbsup:
The day you see me posing my junk in spandex, hooking up with cougars, marrying strippers, having sex with an engorged knee and blowing the interior of that engorged knee all over the bedroom wall because I'm having sex with said strippers then you'll know I've graduated to HLD status. :D

(I do have the bartender and bouncer thing under my belt thougth, back in the day.)

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
inkpad said:
No schit...Inky. I sooo wish I had a picture of the day I met Mighty Mouse when he was trying to convince me how awesome tubeless tires are. OMFG!!!

Here's Whafey..flying it Kiwi Style.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
mouse jockey said:
The day you see me posing my junk in spandex, hooking up with cougars, marrying strippers, having sex with an engorged knee and blowing the interior of that engorged knee all over the bedroom wall because I'm having sex with said strippers then you'll know I've graduated to HLD status. :D

(I do have the bartender and bouncer thing under my belt thougth, back in the day.)
Ya know, now that you put it all into words, sounds kinda fun.

BTW, this is what happens to perfectly good riders when riding with the great HLD:D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 47 Posts