Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and in case anyone was getting ready to blow their paycheck on a DW bike tomorrow, I think they should know that "it doesn't get any better than this" listing I stumbled upon on Ebay.

There's a lot to digest here, but a few things stand out:
-"Harry Reeves, owner of Custom Bikes Inc in Vancouver, WA spared no expense in making this incredible Titanium Bike for his wife Lisa. . Even the nuts and bolts are Titanium." Now that's true love. Tscheezy, you better hope Barney doesn't see this.
-"Lisa and I am are short - only 5 feet 2 inches tall." Are these people Siamese twins or something?
-"Bike is hand built by Master Craftsman for his wife" Did he get the blue prints from Sears and build it in his work shop?
-"The pedals arms are 7 inches from the center of the hub." When is DT going to start including that measurement with the geometry? It's damn near impossible to fit a bike without it.
-"The frame was built by the top frame builder in the US. and it is perfect." Wait, did Jeff Jones used to go by Harry Reeves? and yes, perfect is the only way to describe it.
-"Has front and rear hydraulic brakes and adjustable compressed air rear shock with compressor tool kit to adjust rear shocks." Sounds like it needs a lot of pressure if a compressor is necessary. Good thing it comes with that rear rack to function as a work bench.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think that that bike in its heyday was probably quite the bike to have. I can only imagine that it is cira '92-94. I see Morarti Ti Cranks (I liked mine back in 92), some real original Manitou forks, and high-tech for 17 years ago hydraulic brakes. I think that like many people that bike was probably built with the "best" parts of the time, and then parked in someone's basement.

Ryan.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Did you see the price?

.............I think it will be on there for awhile at that price. Yes, the fork is a Manitou 3 - he says 4 but I thought they stopped at 3, the brakes are Magura Hydraulic V-Brakes, and it is filthy! Good luck getting $1995 for that pos, let alone BIN for $3500.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
scottryana said:
I think that that bike in its heyday was probably quite the bike to have. I can only imagine that it is cira '92-94.
No doubt. For some reason the seller lists it as model year 2005 though. Maybe that's the last year it was ridden? And he (she?) genuinely seems to think the frame is still worth a couple grand on its own, proclaiming it "The best bike money can buy" (note lack of past tense). And just for good measure the names "Harry" and "Lisa" get dropped in repeatedly, like they are mountain bike royalty and anyone would be eager to own something that had passed through their hands. :eek:ut:

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
The seller never left the 90's, scottrayna is right tho, I remember that design being the sh!t when it came out, of course back then every year brought a new and greatest design, things have really evolved since then, so many great options compared to the roadie geo, light is right, CNC neon colored comp's mentality.

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
"I am short legged and have a 25 inch inseam and bike fits me perfectly. Standing on the ground flat footed I'm ok."
Shaheeb - you may be too big for the bike dude.

Attachments

·
Hisforever
1,867 Posts
No way...

Dude, I was a little gremlin at the 92' Anaheim tradeshow. I remeber getting an autograph from the hired hotties at the boulder bikes booth. The bike was a red white and blue fade in the poster with this hot chick posing with it. I cant believe i remebered this but I was there and totally remember the bike design. just like this here green troll.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.