Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Just Joshin' ya!
Joined
·
1,980 Posts
chollaball said:
I bombed the fireroad yesterday
As long as you used a bell.
 

·
parenting for gnarness
Joined
·
6,251 Posts
NMPhi767 said:
As long as you used a bell.
i don't need no stinkin' bell, I'm in total control and all should yield to my radness
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
>>>Even hikers hate hikers

>>>Even hikers hate hikers

Yep, they sure do.

Last spring my wife and some of her friends took the kids for a hike at SoMo. One of the moms and some of the kids ran up ahead on the dirt road. Just as they got close to the rock house, some lady nearby gives them a stern look at says "shhhhh !!!". I guess the sound of the kids laughing / playing interupted her "quiet time", meditation or whatever....:rolleyes:

It's a good thing I wasn't there (on my bike or otherwise) because I would have had a few choice words for her. :madmax:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,850 Posts
I really love people who work, travel, shop and live among six million people who ***** about: traffic, noise, over use, children etc.

If you want peace and quiet- buck the [email protected]*% up and move somewhere else. Parks IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CITY OF SIX MILLION PEOPLE WILL BE JAMMED. Everyone is different and looking for a different experience out there and will do it a different way- so climb into your freaking Prius or Excursion and drive about 25 miles to a less used park. The person who wrote that opinion is stupid anyway. Two days after the biggest holiday traveler season of the year- you can't do ANYTHING in this town without seeing a billion folks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,211 Posts
cstem said:
I really love people who work, travel, shop and live among six million people who ***** about: traffic, noise, over use, children etc.

If you want peace and quiet- buck the [email protected]*% up and move somewhere else. Parks IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CITY OF SIX MILLION PEOPLE WILL BE JAMMED. Everyone is different and looking for a different experience out there and will do it a different way- so climb into your freaking Prius or Excursion and drive about 25 miles to a less used park. The person who wrote that opinion is stupid anyway. Two days after the biggest holiday traveler season of the year- you can't do ANYTHING in this town without seeing a billion folks.
Agreed. And what's with this BS calling it Piewesta Peak? We all know the peak's name was illegally changed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Just Joshin' ya!
Joined
·
1,980 Posts
cstem said:
I really love people who work, travel, shop and live among six million people who ***** about: traffic, noise, over use, children etc.

If you want peace and quiet- buck the [email protected]*% up and move somewhere else. Parks IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CITY OF SIX MILLION PEOPLE WILL BE JAMMED. Everyone is different and looking for a different experience out there and will do it a different way- so climb into your freaking Prius or Excursion and drive about 25 miles to a less used park. The person who wrote that opinion is stupid anyway. Two days after the biggest holiday traveler season of the year- you can't do ANYTHING in this town without seeing a billion folks.
The population of Phoenix is 1,552,259 so I really don't see your point.:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,025 Posts
I agree with CSTEM... so I just bought a road bike and do not ride any of the trails... too many users in the parks to make it enjoyable... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
837 Posts
Yeah, but tamen, when were you last ran over by a rock?!! be careful touring the tarmac. trail issues got nothin' on a texting, multi-tasking commuter in there car fighting rush hour.:eekster:
 
G

·
chollaball said:
i don't need no stinkin' bell, I'm in total control and all should yield to my radness
Words to live by...lol. "Radness", love it.

I miss when it was named Squaw Peak. Despite the reasoning, I don't think that it should have been changed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
Man, I try to ride 2 or 3 times a week, and I have never had problems with anyone except one rider bombing down a hill we were climbing. Just treat others as you wish to be treated. What is that called, "the golden rule"!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,025 Posts
BIGHORN LEW said:
Yeah, but tamen, when were you last ran over by a rock?!! be careful touring the tarmac. trail issues got nothin' on a texting, multi-tasking commuter in there car fighting rush hour.:eekster:
LOL!!! I have not been run over by a rock yet... but on the right roads... the road bike is 10,000 times less frustrating then dealing with other trail users every 10 feet... Think about it this way... I am one less trail user to deal with!!

Also, I text, multitask and commute when I am riding during rush hour, so it totally cancels out the dangers from the drivers! :)
 

·
Just Joshin' ya!
Joined
·
1,980 Posts
scooter_dude said:
Man, I try to ride 2 or 3 times a week, and I have never had problems with anyone except one rider bombing down a hill we were climbing. Just treat others as you wish to be treated. What is that called, "the golden rule"!
What if I like being treated badly?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
To look at the bright side of it:

It's a great ego booster with all the people less accustomed to trails that say things like "wow that looks really hard" or "you must be really brave to be doing that" haha. It's great when people appreciate my radness.. and by appreciate my radness I mean that even though I'm not the best rider out there they aren't familiar enough with the trails to know that:thumbsup:

This past weekend on National somewhere west of telegraph I actually had an older gentleman ask if his wife could pose with my bike in a picture. I was thinking about how its probably the cheapest bike I see out of the SoMo regulars.. but they don't know that:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,850 Posts
Phil- feel great. Especially since I did a spin ride near my home at Cave Creek dam area and the only persons I saw for two hours were coyotes and kids smoking pot in the tunnel!

And my population count may have been a little high (sorry did not know there was a census taker here) but I was also referring to the number of people in Metro Phx (Mesa, Tempe, QC etc) which I am pretty sure might total a bit more than 1.6 million.

And since you missed my point- let me dumb it down for you. People are everywhere. They are all different and have different interpretations of what they see and experience around them. You can't please all the people all the time. Need I go on, or do you need more help "seeing" my point? Let me know, I can do this all day.:thumbsup:
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top