Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Cool, I just got my Alp 650 yesterday, I am off the rest of the week so I should be putting some miles on it soon.

Its a great looking bike, the low res images on the website dont do the frames justice. And welcome to the club.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Def nice bikes

Sid Icarus said:
Its a great looking bike, the low res images on the website dont do the frames justice. And welcome to the club.
I thought the same thing when I first opened the carton on my B-24. It was like...WHOA!! You just don't get a good visual from the pics online.

Bob

·
Wizard of the Trail
912 Posts
And remember, when you enter the Ibex family, theres no going back. Capeesh? :devil:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Congratulations on your Alpine, have fun with it. The Ibex bikes are great and if you have any issues just give them a call. Between this forum and Jack and Will at Ibex I had immediate responses to all my questions.

wisart

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well I have had it for about a week now. It is a great bike from what I have seen. It has gone about 5mi mostly on paved roads taking me where I need to be when my sister has the car. The fork is really soft (in a good way)and although the derailer was damaged during shipment, I bent it back and it works now. Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.

Sidenote, what should I do with the grease that gets all over the fork? Wipe it off or leave it on for lube. It gets really dirty.

Sorry some are so big. They wouldnt resize correctly. View all at my site.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
wwing49, Sweeeet ALP...Awesome shade of red..

Glad your enjoy'en the ride:yesnod: About the fork, I really dont know:skep:that much in that department..But it is a low end unit and I personally would Up-Grade..:smilewinkgrin:
Someone should be along that has a better insight on the fork thing...:D

Thats some cool pic's in your album:thumbsup: Oh..to be young again..:ihih:

Jake Pay, POWERED by SRAM Here..:ihih::yesnod::smilewinkgrin::winker::lol:

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Sweet looking bike, the colors always look so much better in person. :thumbsup:

The grease on the fork will become less & less in tim, you have the right idea keep whiping it off. The top plate on the side stand looks to be twisted off center. If the rerailleur was bent you should call Ibex & inform them of this & request a replacement derailleur bracket, your looks a little off. You can usually straighten them so the bike is ridable but its usually not as flat as new. :cool::cool:

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Yo wwing49,

wwing49 said:
Sorry, I dont know where/what that is... Please explain
:incazzato: ........LOSE THE KICK-STAND....:lol::lol::lol:

:D I believe Dog is refering to the deraileur hanger..You'll be O'k to ride but you should give IBEX a call and yak at Jack :thumbsup: I'll be back to you with the part #..:idea:Listen to the BAND while you wait ..:band:
:) That didnt take to long..Here's the PART# AL-02 :thumbsup:

Good luck, Ride safe, And most of all have fun..:p :cornut::D

Jake Pay, POWERED by SRAM Here..:ihih::yesnod::smilewinkgrin::winker::lol:

......:crazy::arf::cool: ......::) ;) ........:rant:..........IBEXs....ROCKs.....:headphones: :prft::ciappa: :lol:..............

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.