Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
contains quinine
Joined
·
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been hibernating in the house, building and truing wheels waiting for the temperature to warm into the 20's. What're you doing? Riding? Biding your time?
 

Attachments

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
I have a snowday. :)
 

·
Not because I'm fast.....
Joined
·
748 Posts
Debaser said:
I've been hibernating in the house, building and truing wheels waiting for the temperature to warm into the 20's. What're you doing? Riding? Biding your time?
I've been trying to convince the wife I need a Karate Monkey.....she's not really happy and actually told me she would rather have me tell her I've cheated on her than tell her I want to buy another bike or frame. I'm not sure how to take that :confused:

I like riding in the cold/snow. Properly dressed and cutting first tracks in the snow on a bike is very enjoyable.
 

·
user-created
Joined
·
3,174 Posts
I have no (trail) bike right now, so I've just been working on my car. Of course, since I have no functional car I've been putting in lots of road miles on the SS. So I guess that works out.
 

·
Really I am that slow
Joined
·
3,778 Posts
colder then a ....?

Anyhow comuting to work the past few days has been a little cold I dont have to ride far but holy moly it has been cold....

I have some new gloves they are made by endura and they work down to about 15-20 degrees.... it's been to cold for them

Also thinging it'd time to breakout the powergrips and snow boots :D
 

·
Motion activated
Joined
·
3,257 Posts
2farfwd said:
she's not really happy and actually told me she would rather have me tell her I've cheated on her than tell her I want to buy another bike or frame. I'm not sure how to take that :confused:
Hmmm.... does that work in reverse? l mean if that hot blond starts hitting on you at this years Christmas party, can you just sell one of your bikes the next day?

Back on topic: Yes the weather is bad and I'm hurting. I've only got one trail ride in on my new Reign frame and I'm getting sick of track standing in the living room....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
770 Posts
2farfwd said:
I've been trying to convince the wife I need a Karate Monkey.....she's not really happy and actually told me she would rather have me tell her I've cheated on her than tell her I want to buy another bike or frame. .
Classic!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
770 Posts
Steve71 said:
Back on topic: Yes the weather is bad and I'm hurting. I've only got one trail ride in on my new Reign frame and I'm getting sick of track standing in the living room....
Ooohh....I have only been able to do circles in my garage!
crashes = 3
holes to be repaired = 1
Dog accident 1.
2.4 seconds priceless!

Warm up Please.....I'm beggin ya!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
544 Posts
brittle steel

When it gets this cold, does metal become more brittle increasing the chances of a crack or break? Or does it need to get like 40 below?
 

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
Joined
·
8,847 Posts
condensing bikes and thinning the herd. taking the fairly nice geared roadie, and the fairly nice road fixie and condensing them into one much nicer overall bling fixed gear. i never ride the geared one any more......

selling off spare gear in effort to finance the new. i'll go from 6 rides down to 4, but two of them are ending up significantly nicer rides.

installed/cut/bled my new juicy-5 setup on the hardtail. loved them on the big bike so much, i had to get them for the other ride.

getting a new backcountry ski setup going, so that my old stuff can trickle down to the girlfriend, who hasn't any. we always snowshoe together, since she has(d) no skis of her own.
 

·
a dad
Joined
·
2,927 Posts
i took my bike apart, sent my am1 back to marzocchi for some fixin...bought a townie, worked on that (64 schwinn)...drinking too much....eating too much....actually went to the gym yesterday (so boring).....working too much....having lots of fun with my crazy kids...two weeks from today i hope to be hitting the singletrack of maui and lots of beach time for almost 3 weeks!!
 

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
Joined
·
4,009 Posts
Debaser said:
What're you doing? Riding? Biding your time?
Spending time obsessing about which frame I'm going to buy and build up this winter. I flip flop continuously....

Good thing its a long winter and the skis are ready to go.
 

·
contains quinine
Joined
·
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jdub said:
Spending time obsessing about which frame I'm going to buy and build up this winter. I flip flop continuously....

Good thing its a long winter and the skis are ready to go.
Yep and yep. One new frame down, another potential new one getting obsessed over...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,267 Posts
What no skiers? Been hittin' the local trails on the skiis, good snow @ these temps. Saw 3 moose on Saturday heading right down the trail at me, luckily they took the high road. Not missing the bikes (boy does the trainer suck as much as I remember) too much these days, glad to be on the skis.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top