Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been a good 5 years since I've really ridden hard. My last bike was a Trek 7000 and I really liked it.

Now I'm looking for something to get me to work and back and then some light riding on the weekends. I will have a laptop strapped to my back so I'm thinking something dual suspened would be easier on that. I've thought about looking around for something that is last years model to save some money. Looking to spend around $1000. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Another hardtail vote

If your commute to work is via sidewalks and streets, then I'd go with a hardtail. Given that the trail usage will be minimal, you're going to want something that is more suitable to riding 5 days a week on flat, paved surfaces. No real need for the rear suspension in this instance, IMO. Besides, you'll get a much better spec'd bike at $1K on a hardtailI. If you're sure f/s is the way to go, then search around for a leftover '04 or '05 model from one of the big name manufacturers. If you're OK with buying sight unseen, check out Ibex's Apogee series for f/s options, and Trophy series for hardtail options. Excellent value. I bought an Ibex this year and am very happy with the bike. Website is www.ibexbikes.com.

Best Wishes in finding the right bike.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.