Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
user-created
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So exactly 7 days and 3 hours ago I found a crack on my Banshee. This morning my replacement frame arrived.

The warranty process was outstanding - especially given that I had no proof of purchase.

Them Banshee boys were willing to ship me a new frame based solely on the pics of the break I sent them. The was some red tape initially, as they were only willing to ship to a dealer... so I hadta to go down to the shop and pretend I still worked there.

Anywho, the frame shipped on Monday, and FedEx made a customs run so fast, it puts UPS to shame. Banshee *did* charge me $34 for shipping - a small price to pay for a brand new frame and such timely delivery.

My new Chap is an '04, and Banshee has addressed the short list of problems I had with the '03:

Cable routing is dramatically improved - no more kinked hoses! There's also a second zip-tie point on the stay to allow better routing for [far superior] SRAM deraillers.

The paint is a helluva lot better then whatever spray-can sh1t they used before, which pretty much fell of if you sneezed on it. Anyway, I didn't get the Blue frame I was told I was gonna get- instead I got a maroon/ruby color which is pretty cool. Flashy, yet subtle.

Most importantly they added an additional gusset at the BB, right were my last frame broke.

There's also a additional gusset on the top of the rocker pivot with an embossed Banshee logo... I don't really see why this was needed, but hey, anything to make the bike heavier. The head tube is also shaped a little different.

I've only got one complaint: I liked the polished rockers alot more. They matched my fork.:D

·
Pro Crastinator
11,954 Posts
cool deal man...

monday i sent my curnutt into foes for new internals. i got it back yesterday, and it's already on my bike. they received it, repaired it, and then sent it out on the same day......

good customer service rules!

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
singletrack said:
So exactly 7 days and 3 hours ago I found a crack on my Banshee. This morning my replacement frame arrived.

The warranty process was outstanding - especially given that I had no proof of purchase.

Them Banshee boys were willing to ship me a new frame based solely on the pics of the break I sent them. The was some red tape initially, as they were only willing to ship to a dealer... so I hadta to go down to the shop and pretend I still worked there.

Anywho, the frame shipped on Monday, and FedEx made a customs run so fast, it puts UPS to shame. Banshee *did* charge me $34 for shipping - a small price to pay for a brand new frame and such timely delivery.

My new Chap is an '04, and Banshee has addressed the short list of problems I had with the '03:

Cable routing is dramatically improved - no more kinked hoses! There's also a second zip-tie point on the stay to allow better routing for [far superior] SRAM deraillers.

The paint is a helluva lot better then whatever spray-can sh1t they used before, which pretty much fell of if you sneezed on it. Anyway, I didn't get the Blue frame I was told I was gonna get- instead I got a maroon/ruby color which is pretty cool. Flashy, yet subtle.

Most importantly they added an additional gusset at the BB, right were my last frame broke.

There's also a additional gusset on the top of the rocker pivot with an embossed Banshee logo... I don't really see why this was needed, but hey, anything to make the bike heavier. The head tube is also shaped a little different.

I've only got one complaint: I liked the polished rockers alot more. They matched my fork.:D
Thats awesome. Props to banshee for their customer service, its nice knowing that if anything ever goes wrong with my scream I've got a cool company to deal with. And just a side note, that is a sick bike you got there, I really like the paint too

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
That's totally titties man!

Banshee rules.

But, I gotta disagree with you on 2 things:

1. Paint is still prone to removal by sneeze.

2. Those black rockers are badass. They'd look killa against my burnt champagne.

Enjoy yourself.

·
user-created
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
eio said:
2. Those black rockers are badass. They'd look killa against my burnt champagne.
If it didn't mean both our bikes would be out of commision for week of shipping, I'd trade you. I should just get a 888, ya know, so everything will match again....

BTW, The WYSIWYG editor interprets your handle as code....

·
user-created
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
.WestCoastHucker. said:
monday i sent my curnutt into foes for new internals. i got it back yesterday, and it's already on my bike. they received it, repaired it, and then sent it out on the same day......
good customer service rules!
I gotta say that is the one thing I envy of Californians: Basically every major bike, fork, clothing, etc. manufacturer is within a days shipping (or driving) time.

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
singletrack said:
If it didn't mean both our bikes would be out of commision for week of shipping, I'd trade you. I should just get a 888, ya know, so everything will match again....

BTW, The WYSIWYG editor interprets your handle as code....
Agreed. No bike for a week es no good.

But, I think you'd change your mind about the black rockers with a 888 on it.
A 888 would put that bike over the top!
Megapimp.

Yeah, I know about the e<'i'>o problem. As an IT guy I should know better.
I was trying to be was being artsy fartsy. :rolleyes:

Just called me eio.

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
How SWEET is that.!!

Did you got the hole frame with rear shock and everything or only the front triangle...?

Anyway awsome man...

·
user-created
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
VIA said:
How SWEET is that.!!

Did you got the hole frame with rear shock and everything or only the front triangle...?
Very sweet.

Frame-only Banshees don't come packaged with a shock; I bought my Romic seperately so I held on to that. But Banshee replaced eveything else. I recieved a brand new complete frame, in the facotry box, non-blem straight from stock, including extra pivots, der hanger, and zip-ties, not to mention a new seatpost and F. Derailer which both come packaged with all their frames.

Oh, and a warranty card so I can actually fill it out and send it in this time.

·
Registered
605 Posts
sweet bike man, i got a banshee to hopefully i'll never have to use thier warranty but it's good to know that it is as kick ass, as they claim thier warranty to be. as for the paint just do your own paintjob taht's what i did i have done it twice wasn't happy with the mettalic red/orange i picked i now plain aluminum with 04 banshee decal kit and 3 coats of clear coat it actually looks mega pimp waaayy nicer than they look stock *and thier stock sexy bikes*.

one more question you say SRam derailers are superior to Shimano i've needed a new deralier on my scream for awhile i've just been postponing it how are the prices on Sram vs Shimano ? i only even heard about Sram having deraliers working with standard trigger shifters about 2 days ago. it might be worth a shot to try out an Sram assuming they dont charge a huge amt for deraliers since i smash them atleast once a year oops ;D.

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
singletrack said:
Very sweet.

Frame-only Banshees don't come packaged with a shock; I bought my Romic seperately so I held on to that. But Banshee replaced eveything else. I recieved a brand new complete frame, in the facotry box, non-blem straight from stock, including extra pivots, der hanger, and zip-ties, not to mention a new seatpost and F. Derailer which both come packaged with all their frames.

Oh, and a warranty card so I can actually fill it out and send it in this time.
WoW...
Dude.. that crazy ,mad,super SWEET...
Did you have to send the other frame...?
Did they charge you for shipping or anythig ..?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.