Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
they moved that dates back a week, which throws me off major, now i have ot fight the parents so i can skip school and race and just hang out their. last year it was on my spring break

·
SS Clyde 29er
607 Posts
Nut Ugh! Shut uuuUp...Nooo Way!

Wayy...I hope they finally got a +40 Single Speed, Clyde, 29er, sleep deprived dad category...slakers!

Attachments

·
bike geek
1,051 Posts
bikerbert said:
Ladies and Gents,

The site is up, and let the race/fun ride registration begin!
http://www.seaotterclassic.com/index.cfm/
Wow, so Beg/Sport SS now runs Saturday on the new short (10 mile) course :skep: ?? Guess in order to ride the "regular" course I'll have to go Sport Men for my age category on Sunday and just ride with the gearies. Or race both days perhaps?

$52 entry fee? I don't remember it ever being that steep before.

·
Scofflaw Mountain Biker
2,729 Posts
Woohoo!! They must have paid attention to all the letters of complaint about the Beginner classes clogging up the trail for the Sport riders. Seperate days now, nice. :thumbsup:

·
Paper or plastic?
10,330 Posts
zon said:
Woohoo!! They must have paid attention to all the letters of complaint about the Beginner classes clogging up the trail for the Sport riders. Seperate days now, nice. :thumbsup:
Dang, that sucks. Paying $52 to race 10 miles... I might have to pass that one up.

·
Paper or plastic?
10,330 Posts
Beginner update

I e-mailed the SOC guys about the beginner course, and it is actually 2 laps of 10 miles each. I still think that sucks so I replied and asked whether the beginner categories could still do last year's loop, which was a hoot. We'll see what happens.

Now, the good thing about racing Saturday morning, that would give me plenty of time to drink Saturday afternoon. :)

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
$52 to enter sux!! I might have raced both days if fees were reasonable, but not for that much $$. Even maybe for just 1 day now.

$7 increase. $17 increase from 2 years ago! No food, and they went cheap with paper numbers, etc.

The beginners started after the sports, so I dont think they clogged em up, just clogged themselves up. I thought the new course last year opened things up a bit.

·
bike geek
1,051 Posts
zorg said:
I e-mailed the SOC guys about the beginner course, and it is actually 2 laps of 10 miles each.
Yeah looks like they've updated their website already. So let me see, the Beginners are doing 20 miles, while Sport are doing 19? :skep: Wonder how the courses differ.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Looks like this might be the year to get spanked in the Sport category instead of being a mid-pack beginner.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Super D Sea Otter style is much different that the CCCX style -- did you notice? What's up with that? Fireroad descent, Le Mans start, mass start? With a field limit of 500? yikes.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,650 Posts
Uncle Bri said:
Super D Sea Otter style is much different that the CCCX style -- did you notice? What's up with that? Fireroad descent, Le Mans start, mass start? With a field limit of 500? yikes.
That is a bit funky huh?

Probably not expecting a very big turn out with the down hill kids doing the DH and DS, and the cross country guys doing the XC and Short Track...

Plus if there's a little climb at the start, that'll thin things out a bit.

My guess is they figured that was the easiest/quickest way to get in and out of that event.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Did you catch...

tamjam said:
Wow, so Beg/Sport SS now runs Saturday on the new short (10 mile) course :skep: ?? Guess in order to ride the "regular" course I'll have to go Sport Men for my age category on Sunday and just ride with the gearies. Or race both days perhaps?

$52 entry fee? I don't remember it ever being that steep before.
The $240-320 for camping?!? Holy Fark!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Bleah

When I took a look at the site [someone please correct me if I'm wrong] the Expert XC race was 19 miles - bleah, waaaaaay toooooo short. I HATE fast starts/stampede's. I don't think I'm into all the colateral costs and time to race for an hour and 3/4. Seems all the masses are financing the "Party" this year.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts