Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...to put away the magnifying glasses and get on to the real work-weighing the bike and critiquing the build.

This is preliminary setup. White Brothers carbon forks are in short supply, so I grabbed a steel fork off a Redline.

Current weight is 23.30 lb with Ritchey Pro stem, Ritchey WCS risers, Crank Brothers Iodine SL headset, Stylo Singlespeed cranks, X9 and Juicy 5, American Classics, Nevegal 2.2 in front, SB8 in back.

Should shed some weight with different grips, brakes, front tire, and carbon fork.

No ride reports since it's 30 degrees and raining here.

Attachments

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
As long as you keep the images from a distance of 4 feet the bikes a beauty;). Glad to see you went with the 1x9 set up and future carbon rigid setup. Betcha you could get that bike sub 22 when you finish.

It is a nice frame, and I hope with a few more practice welds they get her up and running perfectly. Steel lovers are a picky crazy bunch. I'll wait till 2010 to get mine or if you still have the small lying around in the fall at a good price:)

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Bikerbob.com said:
...to put away the magnifying glasses and get on to the real work-weighing the bike and critiquing the build.

This is preliminary setup. White Brothers carbon forks are in short supply, so I grabbed a steel fork off a Redline.

Current weight is 23.30 lb with Ritchey Pro stem, Ritchey WCS risers, Crank Brother Iodine headset, Stylo Singlespeed cranks, X9 and Juicy 5, American Classics, Nevegal 2.2 in front, SB8 in back.

Should shed some weight with different grips, brakes, front tire, and carbon fork.

No ride reports since it's 30 degrees and raining here.
That looks nice - but I was hoping you had an FTM.:rolleyes:

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use it only on ti or steel frames because of how well it integrates with the thinner head tube.
Looks sleeker than the bulbous Chris King.

I wouldn't like it on aluminum tubing, though. The outside diameter along with the bevel are smaller than the head tube.

Plus it's not the ubiquitous and obvious choice of the King. Much more subtle.
Even your girlfriend knows about Chris King.

Works fine, by the way.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.