Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Enjoying life
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the first high-end bike I ever built up from scratch was a Voodoo Bizango in '95. Many bikes have come and gone since then but she still remained, ready and eager to please. I recently built up an Intense 5.5 and pretty much forgot about the Voodoo... bad move. As I was organizing the storage unit, it happened... she fell on me. Off the rack and on to my head... ouch - karma.
Now I'm a manager of a shop and have the means to do what I need. QBP to the rescue. Long story short, the Voodoo is reborn with 32x18 gearing and a svelt new profile. I'll test her out on the Sunday nite group ride.
It's funny how you can never forget your first love.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My Bizango!

I was lucky enough to come across a first year bizango about 6 years ago in great shape. Set it aside knowing one day it would be a kick ass ride. Had it bead blasted and painted, built it up geared xtr, rode it until my Ellsworth came and turned it into my first single speed with white eno hubs, tnt cranks with phil bb, paul brakes and levers. Switched out the sid for a vicious cycles rigid fork and some mustache bars, put on and old set of hugi/217's (the 36x17 fits perfect) and try to ride it every day.
Great bike that I will always have.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.