Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ran over a cottonmouth snake 1.5miles into my ride, 20 minutes later came 10 ft from a doe running into me, and at the very end a rabbit decided to play chicken on the trail with me.

how was your ride today? :)

·
Nickel Havr
1,132 Posts
I came across 4 deer on Mt. Penn in Reading,Pa today... And on the way home I ran over a 7/16" wrench laying in the road.

There goes a perfectly good one month old Pirelli P Zero Nero.... :madmax::madman:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ouch, sorry for you!

The other day I came across a tortoise taking a dump right on the singletrack. I thought about punting him as a punishment of his disrespect, but I decided to cut the little guy some slack. He has to deal with the smell for the next half an hour or so...

·
Nickel Havr
1,132 Posts
!? You must have hit that thing "just so" to do that! Bummer luck.
Thats what I was thinking! I have no idea how it could be a direct hit like that....

I was so stoked after my ride and was on my way to get a beer... Come to think of it I never did get that beer. Mmm... Now I know what I'm gonna do! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
424 Posts
My scariest (but not the most dangerous) was almost hitting a skunk on a night ride!
My stinkiest encounter was startling a young skunk as it was leaving the trail and got sprayed on my shoe and the rear triangle of my bike. I don't know what that little stinker was spraying, but it bubbled the Imron paint on the bike in one spot. The shoe was history.

·
Registered
923 Posts
The wrench reminds me of my old gf's '00 SS back in 2000. She comes in the house saying "my car is making a clicking noise." rofl

It took out a brand new Goodyear. That 'nail' had to have been at least 10" long. What the hell uses a 10" nail?

Attachments

·
El Gato Malo
4,430 Posts
The wrench reminds me of my old gf's '00 SS back in 2000. She comes in the house saying "my car is making a clicking noise." rofl

It took out a brand new Goodyear. That 'nail' had to have been at least 10" long. What the hell uses a 10" nail?
A tire store in my hometown has a large container on their counter with all the objects that they have pulled out of people's tires: railroad spikes, tree branches (not just for derailleurs), keys, various tools, and quite a few 10" nails.

·
Happy shredding :)
84 Posts
I came across 4 deer on Mt. Penn in Reading,Pa today... And on the way home I ran over a 7/16" wrench laying in the road.

There goes a perfectly good one month old Pirelli P Zero Nero.... :madmax::madman:

Wtf?! No seriously, WTF?!?! :eek:ut: That's variety in your life for ya, haha

·
Registered
36 Posts
ran over a cottonmouth snake 1.5miles into my ride, 20 minutes later came 10 ft from a doe running into me, and at the very end a rabbit decided to play chicken on the trail with me.

how was your ride today? :)
We had almost the same experience this past weekend...Lead rider almost got the doe, and later on in the ride we narrowly missed a large cottonmouth.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.