Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
bike geek
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...on my ride home from work, as I passed my LBS (Mill Valley Cycleworks), out of the corner of my eye, I spyed a wheel on a bike in their curb-side lineup that looked just a little bigger than the others it was next to...it was attached to a bright yellow frame. I grabbed a handful of brake, and went over to check it out. Sure enough, they actually had a 2006 Paragon there for sale.

These are the people who swore they'd never carry another 29er, after being forced to blow out a couple leftover Gary Fishers 2-3 years ago because nobody cared for them. But after me over the last year, bringing in my Waltworks, or my old Dos Niner, or my Slingshot, and always being asked about them by one of the wrenches, it's good to see they are finally stocking one.

For anyone interested, it's marked as a 17.5". Not sure if that's an M or L in GF-speak. I really hope they sell this bike fast, since that means maybe things have changed for the better here in the birthplace of mountain biking when it comes to 29ers.

·
Registered
599 Posts
It'll sell!

We've got 10 or 12 29er's in stock now. GF, Mrazek, Ventana, and Van Dessel and there's a bigger interest than ever. We took a gamble, but why sell anything but what you truly have a passion for and believe in?

·
Just Ride!
1,283 Posts
PattD said:
We've got 10 or 12 29er's in stock now. GF, Mrazek, Ventana, and Van Dessel and there's a bigger interest than ever. We took a gamble, but why sell anything but what you truly have a passion for and believe in?
THROW ON THE BRAKES!

Mrazek, did I fall off the planet and miss this, where's the pictures and reviews?

·
Just Ride!
1,283 Posts
2006 will see a new ride in my stable but now even more choices, Mrazek. A vertically compliant aluminum hardtail with EBB and a carbon fork is sounding pretty good. Anybody on here ride one yet? Not sure what to think of their design thoughts on TT length and seat height though!

·
No Justice = No Peace
1,512 Posts
Great Shop

I do as much as I can on my own, amd Mill Valley isn't exactly on my route unless I'm riding Mt. Tam, but that is a really good shop. Everyone there is really knowledgeable and cool. They have everything.... Bla blah blah....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.