Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
How about the bike path along C-470 at GM

I don't ride streets so tomorrow I'm going to attempt to ride that bike path. Hopefully some part of it is clear/no ice. Even if it's a short stretch I'll go back and forth till I've had my fill.

·
old skool newbie
857 Posts
Its funny how a few weeks of 20' weather makes 45' feel hot.

I felt lucky with the windows down in the car until I saw someone heading down the bike path along 470, lucky bastads.

I have been eyeing that path up since starting a new job down south this month. They've had a skidsteer clearing most of it. There are a few parts still unplowed and also some leftover snow from last weekend, or was that the weekend before, or was that the weekend before, or the weekend before, or the weekend before.

·
2,856 Posts
jasonb said:
It was the skinny tire bike but it was pedaling nonetheless -- from Genesee down 40 to Golden back up Lookout Mountain and up and over to Genesee. These were shot from the camera phone on the Golden bike path.
I got my butt out there too!! Boulder roads, some of them dirt/mud :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
no skinny tires here...

...but got out yesterday too! threw the fender on the seatpost, locked out the fork and spun around the paths/streets around NTM.

may have to have a repeat performance today from the looks of the sun in the sky.
:thumbsup:

·
the cool nerd
8,643 Posts
be careful of the ice!!

I have been commuting from westminster to commerce city on my cross bike, mostly on the bike paths. The mornings are itneresting because all of the runoff from the day before is ice, but I am aware of it, and cautious. I have fallen a few times (each morning, but usually going slow, so no problem). Yesterday, on the way home in the evening, all of the ice had melted so there were just water and slush sections. No need to slow down, the cross bike loves that stuff. Until, close to the end of the ride, I hit a section of ice in a turn, that I had assumed would just be slush. I am still sore... But, I rode in again, maybe I will have learned my lesson on the way back home. At least I will go slow through that particular turn...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.