Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....... what are your riding plans? Are you staying in town or headed south for warmer temperatures? Waz up?

Matt

Road Road surface Infrastructure Asphalt Thoroughfare

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Thought I might head to Scottsdale for some CE courses (and riding, of course), but I'm going at the end of the month instead.

Maybe the International Auto Expo in SLC instead (and see my granddaughter, of course :thumbsup: )

Attachments

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
I'm headed to the Cowboy Trails, maybe you've heard of them??

·
Registered
219 Posts
Redmon said:
I'm headed to the Cowboy Trails, maybe you've heard of them??
Let us know if they dried up let. We tried going up there this past week and it was a mudfest. Had to turn around and come back.:sad:

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
Dgremlin said:
Let us know if they dried up let. We tried going up there this past week and it was a mudfest. Had to turn around and come back.:sad:
Really? I figured they would have held up well:madman::madman: Ok BC it is.

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought about taking the bikes outta town for the weekend but then I saw the weekend weather forecast for Las Vegas...60+ degrees through Monday, I'll take it!! Prolly hit BD on Sat (found a ride on Garmin that I wanna do), BC on Sun and road bike the RML on Mon :thumbsup:
Hope everyone enjoys the holiday!

Matt

·
Viva la Vida!
791 Posts
beagledadi said:
I thought about taking the bikes outta town for the weekend but then I saw the weekend weather forecast for Las Vegas...60+ degrees through Monday, I'll take it!! Prolly hit BD on Sat (found a ride on Garmin that I wanna do), BC on Sun and road bike the RML on Mon :thumbsup:
Hope everyone enjoys the holiday!

Matt
Please share the BD ride that you found on Garmin if it got you excited it must be good.
I am wondering about the condition of the trails out there hopefully we get an update from some riders before Saturday

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
Camaleon said:
Please share the BD ride that you found on Garmin if it got you excited it must be good.
I am wondering about the condition of the trails out there hopefully we get an update from some riders before Saturday
I parked at the Town of BD today and headed north. The trails are in great shape for the most part. Again, I tend to stick to lesser known trails but from what I seen things are much better this week. I stayed away from Little Daytona as Im assuming its still a mess, Ride data and pictures later.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
419 Posts
On sunday before heading home to Fruita. I rode the far right trail to the top. Overlook of into the pit. I return On same trail Midway I drop it turn into canyon. I found it Ok.
I get to come back this weekend for My Eurovan Broke down. And I had to leave it behind for repair. So a small group will leave the cold of Fruita behind and be down there for the long weekend.

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tiggerider said:
I get to come back this weekend for My Eurovan Broke down. And I had to leave it behind for repair. So a small group will leave the cold of Fruita behind and be down there for the long weekend.[/QUO

Kevin? It's gonna be a beautiful weekend here, I hope you get in some good rides!

Matt

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is what I was looking to ride either Sat. or Sun. but I'm gonna hold off another week or two and let things dry out a little more.

Start in BD and head up and over 160 to the cut-off road for the Mt. Charlie area. Take that up to the Potato Rd and then drop down into the RR visitor area. Hop across the street to the CB trails, up and out to the overlook and then across the hill until you can drop down by the hwy and cross it back into BD. It should be between 45-55mi with 5-6k in climbing.

Matt

Red Colorfulness Line Ecoregion Carmine

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'd love to join you on that ride.....except it would take me about 3 days to do it! :eekster:

·
Prone To Internet Drama
238 Posts
beagledadi said:
This is what I was looking to ride either Sat. or Sun. but I'm gonna hold off another week or two and let things dry out a little more.

Start in BD and head up and over 160 to the cut-off road for the Mt. Charlie area. Take that up to the Potato Rd and then drop down into the RR visitor area. Hop across the street to the CB trails, up and out to the overlook and then across the hill until you can drop down by the hwy and cross it back into BD. It should be between 45-55mi with 5-6k in climbing.

Matt

View attachment 591272
I'll ride that with you.

·
Viva la Vida!
791 Posts
Dgremlin said:
I'd love to join you on that ride.....except it would take me about 3 days to do it! :eekster:
Perfect Tim we can make it the three day weekend ride start on Friday and finish on Monday bring camping gear, and plenty of supplies.;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.