Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
-_-
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTH? Maybe b/c we're now closer to Japan since the quake and the ocean currents all wacked out of rotation or what? I know I've been dismissive, but after the pics I shot mid-ride last night and this, WTH's up?

~Not that I'm overly complaining, this'll make the trails sticky if widespread enough and make it easier to ride b/c of lower heat. :thumbsup:

·
Singlespeed Enduro Poser
1,139 Posts
WTH? Maybe b/c we're now closer to Japan since the quake and the ocean currents all wacked out of rotation or what? I know I've been dismissive, but after the pics I shot mid-ride last night and this, WTH's up?

~Not that I'm overly complaining, this'll make the trails sticky if widespread enough and make it easier to ride b/c of lower heat. :thumbsup:
It snowed/hailed in Flagstaff last week while i was there. One minute, the weather was in the 70's the next minute it was raining really hard. I look up at one of the peaks and it was covered in white stuff.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
This is due to the fog that is rolling inland. According to the real meteologist on the news last night, expect the sky to be saturated enough at spots due to the fog that light drizzle will occur.

It was definitely drizzly at Mission Peak this morning. As I pass under the few trees on the way up I got rained on by the foilage. And to add to this, I have never been so dirty on the way down that will require a full bike wash and drive train cleaning at 7am in the morning on a summer day.

·
Founder: Dirty3hirties
2,031 Posts
Yup...

Fog's been hanging around the coastal mtns all week, but this morning has been the worst. I drive S on 101 from SF at 5:00 AM.....pretty much like rain.

Thought about Skeggs as I was driving by (my last ride was Sat. Dry). It's gonna be a swamp if this keeps up. :rolleyes:

·
Content from my avatar
4,355 Posts
This kinda weather is the worst. If it's gonna rain, then let it rain for real. If it's not gonna rain, then clear up all this fog.

The fog makes for miserable riding, both road and mountain, too.

·
-_-
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why are you over by our old house for? Roading on Sawyer Camp to do the monster climb??

·
Content from my avatar
4,355 Posts
Why are you over by our old house for? Roading on Sawyer Camp to do the monster climb??
You ride on Sawyer Camp? And consider it a climb? :confused: Way too many people on that trail, and the pavement is in terrible condition. Now I just take a detour through the neighborhood from San Andreas. It takes me to Trousdale, and then I can take that up to Skyline and then down to Crystal Springs Road and Polhemus/Canada area from there. :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts