Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
customized
3,123 Posts
Damn, sweetness! What fork are you gonna run?

Nuts, everyone is building new bikes up this year it seems. Maybe I will build the Instinct back up and leave the new bike for next year.

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,969 Posts
yogreg said:
Mt A for breakfast huh?

Shhh Aggie might hear ya.:)
I'm not worried.

I would love to give one of those a try. I have ridden a Nomad a bit and it is ridiculous. I have heard the 6.6 is a ripper as well and might pedal even better.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes this is my first vpp. I'd been on a tracer for the last 5 years, and although the ride was incredible it was getting tired. I didnt't know if I would make it through this year without some kind of season ending failure. So when it came time for a new ride, the Intense trade in program made my choice much easier. It was either the 5.5 or 6.6. For my style of riding, the 5.5 angles seemed a bit to steep. The 6.6 was a little slacker(like my tracer with 125mm fork), and was much beefier. I know that I'm gonna suffer more on the climbs, but I think I'll make up for it in all other areas, and won't have to worry so much on the occasional jump or drop. I'm also hoping for durability over the long haul, since this is my do-it-all bike. In the end I wound up paying less for this frame than I did for my tracer five yaers ago! Thanks Intense.

My plan is to build this frame up with some parts off my tracer, and some new stuff. The main thing being an adjustable travel fork to even up my odds on those killer climbs at aggie.

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Justanuthabika said:
Yes this is my first vpp. I'd been on a tracer for the last 5 years, and although the ride was incredible it was getting tired. I didnt't know if I would make it through this year without some kind of season ending failure. So when it came time for a new ride, the Intense trade in program made my choice much easier. It was either the 5.5 or 6.6. For my style of riding, the 5.5 angles seemed a bit to steep. The 6.6 was a little slacker(like my tracer with 125mm fork), and was much beefier. I know that I'm gonna suffer more on the climbs, but I think I'll make up for it in all other areas, and won't have to worry so much on the occasional jump or drop. I'm also hoping for durability over the long haul, since this is my do-it-all bike. In the end I wound up paying less for this frame than I did for my tracer five yaers ago! Thanks Intense.

My plan is to build this frame up with some parts off my tracer, and some new stuff. The main thing being an adjustable travel fork to even up my odds on those killer climbs at aggie.
Start looking for a Fox 36 Talus right now.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Intense gave me $600 dollars towards my new frame. After pounding my old frame for 5 years I couldn't pass up that offer!

The Talas is no.1 on my list. I'm having a hard time finding one at a reasonable price though(reasonable being a relative term as these things are way expensive)! But hey its only January right? Plenty of time.

You still looking for a headset Dave?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Justanuthabika said:
Intense gave me $600 dollars towards my new frame. After pounding my old frame for 5 years I couldn't pass up that offer!

You still looking for a headset Dave?
I didn't even realize that Justanotherbika was you John, congrats on the frame. It definately will be better suited to your kind of riding than the Tracer. It's amazing that it lasted 5 years. :D

I don't need that headset any longer bro, I just picked one up for my Tracer.
Thanks

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Justanuthabika said:
Its 90% done, still have to tie up a few loose ends first though. Louis, you were right, the lyric coil looks like it was made for this bike. Here's what I have so far.
the 36 would have been cooler;)

looks good Johnny boy

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.