Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found something a Albany area rider lost on one of the local trails. It's new, and I'm sure someone is looking for it. PM me with details of what it is you lost, color, model, and where you were riding. If it is yours, I can arrange to meet you while riding sometime. Sorry about the lack of details, but I want to make sure it gets back to the wrightful owner.

·
Registered
26 Posts
berkshire_rider said:
I found something a Albany area rider lost on one of the local trails. It's new, and I'm sure someone is looking for it. PM me with details of what it is you lost, color, model, and where you were riding. If it is yours, I can arrange to meet you while riding sometime. Sorry about the lack of details, but I want to make sure it gets back to the wrightful owner.
i lost a yellow pedros multi tool a couple of weeks ago-not sure where-colonie-pinebush?
I dont think this is what u found though!
B

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, that's not what I found. I hope you find your multi-tool, though. Try retracing your route, and look in the bushes near any trees you may have hopped.

·
Registered
1 Posts
item found?

berkshire_rider said:
I lost an Alien bike tool in the colonie town park / bike path / poop loop area over a month ago. Might have been found along with a co2 cartridge tire inflator.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found another lost item this week. So, the total is one found near Colonie Park, the other at the Lock 7 trails. PM me with details of what you are missing, and I can meet you locally to return.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Did you happen to find....

This kid???

Police search woods for lost mountain biker

Published on 8/24/2004

GREENFIELD — State police and local fire crews were searching the woods near the Skidmore College stables late Monday, looking for a mountain biker who became lost earlier in the evening.

The 17-year-old male called police on his cellular phone around 8:30 p.m. to tell them that he had gotten lost while biking on trails near the stables, the Saratoga County Sheriff's Department said.

Police said the teen was concerned about being unable to find his way out of the woods after nightfall.

As of 10 p.m. Monday, searchers were combing the woods on ATVs looking for the unidentified teen.

The youth was believed to be uninjured, and police said he told them he would be staying with his bike in the woods until search crews found him.

·
Registered
26 Posts
And what does ROFLMAO mean anyway? Lets try to keep the pre-teen instant messaging lingo to a minimum if at all possible- this is a message board, not some yahoo chat room. And I personally think the stables are the best network of local trails around. If riders cant come to grasp that it is grass roots orginizations that allow bikers to have some places to play, maybe they will understand in a few years when their crying about how all our local riding spaces have been gobbled up to development. I dont know if anyone has noticed that the population of the capital district is growing very quickly? In fact I just came from riding in Co. and believe it or not there is an open space issue, if it wasnt for similar groups it would be very difficult to legally ride out there. Given nothing is perfect-so if you dont enjoy the stables or care to pay a fee- have a great time at the poop-loop and lock 7

·
Nervous Descender
717 Posts
stumpjumper B said:
And what does ROFLMAO mean anyway? Lets try to keep the pre-teen instant messaging lingo to a minimum if at all possible- this is a message board, not some yahoo chat room. And I personally think the stables are the best network of local trails around. If riders cant come to grasp that it is grass roots orginizations that allow bikers to have some places to play, maybe they will understand in a few years when their crying about how all our local riding spaces have been gobbled up to development. I dont know if anyone has noticed that the population of the capital district is growing very quickly? In fact I just came from riding in Co. and believe it or not there is an open space issue, if it wasnt for similar groups it would be very difficult to legally ride out there. Given nothing is perfect-so if you dont enjoy the stables or care to pay a fee- have a great time at the poop-loop and lock 7
And that, exactly, is why I continue to give money and support the efforts of IMBA.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Its awesome that you support IMBA who has all of its offices in Boulder. And im not gonna tell ya its not a fantastic orginization but I cant remember the last time they were helping establish and maintain trails in the capital region-you missed the point completly! THINK GLOBALLY ACT LOCALLY

1 - 17 of 17 Posts