Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
amar la vida de dos niner
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But the sky kept capturing my attention. And my camera ended up being pointed upward more than at riders.

What a gorgeous day! And thanks for the ride, guys.

Attachments

·
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
glenzx said:
NICE.

(headed to PHX in a few weeks for some warm temps)
Hey, Glen. That boy in college yet??
;)

Sounds like someone is looking forward to a change of scenery, and climate! Enjoy!

·
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jking09 said:
those skies are amazing!! i kinda have this thing for the sky.. great pics, enjoyed them :)
glad you got the guy to try things a little less smooth!
Mark is actually gonna do some mountain bike racing. He'll do great.

Thanks for the compliments. The sky was of course even more amazing in person. :thumbsup:

·
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
austin_bike said:
I saw the same sky, but I was looking out the window of my office :(
Guess you have to pay the price for the glamorous life you lead, right? ;)

Two more days of this before a chilly weekend. You gonna play hookie so you can take advantage of the weather pattern?

·
Registered
315 Posts
We drove through Austin twice over the last couple of weeks (after Christmas going south to Padre Island, after new years headed back north). The wife and I kept remarking how the sky just looks different in Texas, especially farther south. It just looks bigger and more impressive. Probably just my mind playing tricks on me from all the driving, but it was cool nonetheless. Nice pics!

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
scorpionwoman said:
Hey, Glen. That boy in college yet??
;)

Sounds like someone is looking forward to a change of scenery, and climate! Enjoy!
LOL! 16 more years to go....

...and indeed! Nice long b-day weekend in AZ riding some epic trails - mostly new to me - is just what the doctor ordered. Though the ski basin up the road is doing pretty good too of late! (re)Started the weekly dawn attacks; skin up and shoosh down, then head to work. Nice to get that sort of crazy aerobic workout between 10k and 12k feet, and be on the snow before punching in at work at 8am....

If I could just rid myself of the need for a day-to-day job, life would be rather different!

·
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Freewillie said:
We drove through Austin twice over the last couple of weeks (after Christmas going south to Padre Island, after new years headed back north). The wife and I kept remarking how the sky just looks different in Texas, especially farther south. It just looks bigger and more impressive. Probably just my mind playing tricks on me from all the driving, but it was cool nonetheless. Nice pics!
I attribute it to the angle of the sun. But what do I know? :) I'm originally from the midwest, and I agree, something about the sky changes when you get this far south.

·
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Francine said:
Freezing and rainy here on the east coast. I can't wait to move to Austin in a few years!!!
Austin is great city for many reasons, Francine. Be sure and let your fellow mountain-bikers know when you get here!

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Snow on the ground....

Snow on the ground here with 10 inches more forcast for Saturday(tomorrow) so probably no riding but..................we have prospects for some great skiing! Thx for posting the pics, keeps me excited to ride.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.