Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We were deciding on a ride.Not to many chances for many more rides and since saturday was supposed to be 4 degrees warmer,my little one,who isn't so little any more and I opted for sat.Luckily we did because it snowed out the next day. 36 degrees out is perfect once you get warmed up. :) We paid our dues as usually,up the steep hill to the sweet NEMBA single track (that many have put hours of work in to building a great trail this summer.Thanks all.) Today's destinationn...Balancing Rock.

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
or the tour could have been called Little Bunny Fu FU

when was the last time you heard a babies nursery ryhme out on the trail.

Little Bunny Fu FU...
Hopping thru the Forest...
Picking up the Field Jumps...
and Hopping them in the Air...

We were setting up a photo op when she started singing it.This didn't hurt as she waited for me to set up. :D but you know how it is once a song gets stuck in your head. :p

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
getting some flow...

my little rock rider...

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A little sunshine to warm us up....

We hopped out to the hi-t's for a bit.To bad there was 20mph winds.Trying to yell down to see if she was ready with the wind in my face was funny.Her words were carried away in to the woods,so I just hit it and for an 11 year old, not bad....

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rock Garden Fun

finding the right line isn't always as easy as it seems....but it's still fun

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A little step down

I always seem to forget to hit it a little to the left.It's hard to pop it with that little chunk taken out at the top.It brings my front tire down to fast.If you look about 2 feet to the right of my rear tire,that's my smooth line were I can get the front tire out a bit more....

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More fun....

All the new dirt was frozen very nicely,including this rebuilt kicker.

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Berm rider 1

another nicely frozen section...

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice flow through here....

I think this is my favorite section of the trail.Many switch backs finishing it off with a few funnies at the end....

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The last bit of single track

for this trail.I love those fun rock kickers at theend? just to the left of the pic there is one of them :D

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally, our destination

you can move this rock back and forth with a little effort.By now, I haven't eaten
a thing except for a large d+d coffee and am feeling the power drain.Good thing we
are on our way home to warm up by the fire....

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Our begining and our end...

our town is in the middle of building a nice rail trail.It is great for a warm up to our local single track.This used to be a regular fire road type of gate.Nice of them to add a bit of bike art to our little corner of the world.

evs(thanks for your time,I'm off for some hot chocolate...)

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts