Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saved a frog's life today. I was riding my SINGLE SPEED bike around the block and stopped just short of running over an 8 foot black racer snake. It had a giant bull frog in his mouth half swallowed. Only the frog's legs were sticking out. As I inched forward the big a$$ snake was scared of me (obviously, I'm bada$$). He spit out the frog and quickly slithered away in great fear. The frog winked at me (no B.S.) shook his head and hopped into the lake next to the sidewalk I was riding on. I saved the day! You're welcome Mr. Frog ;)

:thumbsup:

·
Ride, Sleep, Work
379 Posts
Turns out I am a ******. I chased down a dog that has chased me off & on for the past 2 years. I almost got him until he ran into the yard where he lived. I got tired of him chasing he every time I ride by his house, down the road not through his territory,so I repaid him.

Once again I am a ****** & I am ok with that!

·
The need for singlespeed
973 Posts
I squished a chipmunk a few years ago. He came out of nowhere, darted right in front of my front wheel and made it just fine, but for some reason decided to reverse directions and go back. He didn't make it past my rear wheel. :sad: Nothing like that has happened on my SS, which I take as a sign that nature approves.

·
Registered
351 Posts
It was really an amazing thing to witness as petty as it may seem. There was two kids on bikes who stopped behind me and their jaws were wide open in absolute awe!
I once interrupted a rattlesnake who was mid-meal on a rat -- didn't recognize what was going on until I was too close to stop safely, so I ran over the snake-rat combo at about 3 mph on my SINGLE SPEED. Can't claim to have saved the rat's life, even though the snake spat him out long enough to threaten the moronic mountain biker (me) who stopped to get a close-up picture of the circle-of-life moment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.