Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I'm walking past my mail slot at work and I pick up this month's issue of Machine Design (yes, we injineer types look forward to this as well as other fine publications such as Injection Molding Magazine, Plastics News, Design News, and others) and start to leaf through it.

This magazine actually has had quite a few articles on MTBs in the past and I quickly spot this little article.

It may not work, but it looks pretty freaking cool anyway!

Attachments

·
Registered
20,153 Posts
Yeti_Rider said:
so I'm walking past my mail slot at work and I pick up this month's issue of Machine Design (yes, we injineer types look forward to this as well as other fine publications such as Injection Molding Magazine, Plastics News, Design News, and others) and start to leaf through it.

This magazine actually has had quite a few articles on MTBs in the past and I quickly spot this little article.

It may not work, but it looks pretty freaking cool anyway!
Interesting design. Why won't it work? Isn't that sort of the same idea behind the Titus Exogrid?

·
I like bikes.
268 Posts
is 3.25 lbs really that light? I know it's a light frame, but i thought most race quality hardtails were right about that weight.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
You could store your spare tubes, pump, energy bars, etc. inside the frame!

If they found a way to make wheels out of that stuff, (of course not tubeless) it might make more of a weight difference.

·
Linoleum Knife
3,318 Posts
Trevor! said:
Looks like a cool design but it would sure get heavy once mud and muck gets stuck in the frame structure on long rides...
I read that article somewhere too. They wrapped it up in Saran Wrap when they took it out on the trails.

Good idea, poor practicality.

Maybe for a road bike.

·
Registered
83 Posts
looks cool, would make it easy to run all your cables inside the frame you could always shrink wrap the frame... also its very light for a strong frame (haven't seen it in action) i don't know of too many 3 pound frames that i would want to drop off a 3ft ledge on...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.