Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Turner 5 spot,

I know this will be hard to hear but I have fell in love with another bike. No she is not prettier than you and frankly is a lot older. Her name is Diamond Back Asscent. I didn't intend for this to happen, I just thought I would ride her once and then abandon her but something happened. I don't know what it is that made me fall in love with her. She is fully ridged and just has one speed. Yes she is less complicated than you but thats not it. I just like the way she moves, the way she feels. She just makes me feel more alive I guess. I know I could never handle her if it wasn't for the things I learned from you and that is unfair. A part of me will always love you and maybe we can go on a ride together from time to time. We have been through a lot together and you have never let me down so this is really hard for me too. Please just be happy for us.

Your Friend,
Enduro Adventures

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Ha ha ha...Enduro Adventures that is AWESOME, welcome to the dark side!! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
4,137 Posts
So final. You don't even give room for a reunion other than a sympathy ride here and there? And then only maybe?

Soon you will leave the Ascent for something with a little better measurements though... say something along the lines of:

32-18-29

·
Something's tingling
154 Posts
That's me and my old FS GT 2 years ago! We just drifted apart, then she caught me with a Diamonback Outlook SS, fully rigid. :yikes: The breakup was ugly. Last time I heard from her, she was somewhere in Europe with a military man. It's bittersweet, but I just want her to be happy. ;)

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me, except I swapped a pair of pretty twins named Tracer for a lovely ride with a very rigid rear end and an ultra firm frontage, it gets harder the further you go, but she only knows one speed. The ride's not as slack as with the two girls, but I prefer the tightness!

... Sorry about that...

·
34N 118W
2,246 Posts
poof

roadiegonebad said:
you need to search for Hollywood's "breaking up" posts
the text is still there, but the photos have long since been booted from the archives.

I'm glad we all had a laugh while we could. *sniff*

:smallviolin:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Umm...the drama, the suspense, that's just not fair without the pics! Where are the pics??

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok here is a pic of my new love after I have just finished riding her. I know she is cheap but I don't care. I love her. Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

·
Registered
48 Posts
Haha! Great shot bad picture!! But thumbs up on the creativity for sure!

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Haha!

My dad has a '89 or so grey Ascend with cloudy grey/blue paintjob. An absolute tank, frame seems to be LOTS of steel. Pedals and tracks great.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
misty eyed

normdzn said:
Haha! Great shot bad picture!! But thumbs up on the creativity for sure!
I wanted you to see her the way I do. Through misty eyes. I just tear up everytime I look at her.

Or it is just a bad picture.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts