Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
CEO Product Failure
1,646 Posts
"predicting"?

From February:

Yes, exactly correct. Fortunately, the shortage has not hit full stride yet. Car dealers in my neck of the woods (StL) have full 2021 inventories and no parts issues. I just bought a new vehicle last week. Lots to choose from still.

The news has been releasing stories forecasting this to occur. It makes sense. Next 18-24 mos are going to be a sh*tshow.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Apparently there is a global shortage of semi conductors (i.e. micro processors) which is contributing to other supply chain challenges for automobile manufacturers. Recent news is predicting the pandemic economy to spill over to cars now.
I purchased a new truck in 2018 for $35k. A coworker wants to buy a similar one, told me to take a look at what they're going for now. My exact one is for sale used at a reputable dealership, more miles for $44k. The blue book is $42k. Never in my life would I have expected own a vehicle for 3 years and have the value higher than purchase price.

We're also seeing 125%+ increases in the homes on our street from when we built 5 years ago. The frustrating part is we'll be paying taxes on unrealized gains once the assessor comes through next year. Not looking forward to that. My hope is things slow down soon.

·
All fat, all the time.
9,014 Posts
Apparently there is a global shortage of semi conductors (i.e. micro processors) which is contributing to other supply chain challenges for automobile manufacturers. Recent news is predicting the pandemic economy to spill over to cars now.
Yep there was a fire in one of the factories.
My work is trying to order some Ford trucks, 3-6 months wait if we are lucky?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
All fat, all the time.
9,014 Posts
I purchased a new truck in 2018 for $35k. A coworker wants to buy a similar one, told me to take a look at what they're going for now. My exact one is for sale used at a reputable dealership, more miles for $44k. The blue book is $42k. Never in my life would I have expected own a vehicle for 3 years and have the value higher than purchase price.

We're also seeing 125%+ increases in the homes on our street from when we built 5 years ago. The frustrating part is we'll be paying taxes on unrealized gains once the assessor comes through next year. Not looking forward to that. My hope is things slow down soon.
Yes, the local govt is going to love jacking up the property taxes. Can't wait...
:(

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
ilmfat
1,078 Posts
Lots of denial here, too. But I'm less surprised than you are.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts