Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
ilmfat
1,078 Posts
They have capability and intent. And our current situation sure reflects 60% of the things they called for. About half of which showed up right on time.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
So much doom and gloom.

Bikes and bike parts are not that difficult to find if you know where to look.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
All fat, all the time.
9,014 Posts
Off Topic: Real estate is a crazy market right now. Homes are selling in my area for 110-140% of list price in 3-5 days and without inspections/contingencies/riders. There are panicked home buyers making cash offers on homes they haven't even walked through---just the photos on Zillow.

...but with the interest rates right now, its so tempting to chase a new place or refinance the one you have.
History repeats itself.

We are setting up for another disaster(probably not as bad as last time but...).

It's not sustainable.

Lock people away for a year, then let them out lol . Bikes and houses!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
All fat, all the time.
9,014 Posts
Im gonna watch the used markets close. at some point i am expecting a surge of barely used pretty nice bikes to go up for sale. might be a year...but I have to beleive what was said above - many bought thinking it would be fun, but never actual rode much or at all.
Just like the fat bike bubble!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
always licking the glass
2,656 Posts
Im gonna watch the used markets close. at some point i am expecting a surge of barely used pretty nice bikes to go up for sale. might be a year...but I have to beleive what was said above - many bought thinking it would be fun, but never actual rode much or at all.
I expect end of this summer to be the start of that.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I expect end of this summer to be the start of that.
People that think like you are the reason the bike industry has grossly underestimated the awesomeness of biking and have under forecasted demand.

Basically why we can’t get bikes or parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Thicc Member
1,159 Posts
That might not be as doomer as it sounds at first.

Let's say Company A needs parts that they usually get from Supplier A. Supplier A is backordered six months. So Company A puts in orders with Suppliers B, C, and D - first Supplier who fills the order gets paid, the rest get orders cancelled. So there's an illusion of 4x the real demand.

The same thing happens every gun control scare in the USA. in the middle of 2013 the ammo manuf were saying they were backordered years. But it went back to normal pretty fast.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Bikes and bike parts are available. People are making too much of this.
I wish I could get more bikes and more parts to build bikes and more containers to ship bikes in
This is a big deal for retailers and wholesalers who are trying to pay employees and landlord when they have very little in stock to sell

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Bikes and bike parts are available. People are making too much of this.
No they actually are not all available.

Just for example:

There are no trek top fuels available in my size. My frame is broken and is waiting on a warranty and I have been since February.

There are no Sid ultimates in black available until June. You can buy one of a few blue ones available and a couple of suppliers have only twist lock blue versions, one supplier in New York has a bunch of blue manual lockouts.

I basically can’t find any 31.6 seatposts at all in the travel and weight I want in any of the 4 posts I would want to buy. All backordered for who knows how long.

Many maxxis tires are back ordered through June that I want.

Tons of schwalbe backordered. I had to order from Germany and they are in customs.

A while ago there were no GX shifters at all except for the Ebike version. I had to buy NX which is fine because it’s lighter.

My handlebar supplier is out of bars through June.

These are just the way the issues are affecting me at the moment. I have lots of backup parts and will stock up on chains and pads and rotors and the rest of what I need to keep race bikes going.

·
Registered
322 Posts

Just for example:

There are no trek top fuels available in my size. My frame is broken and is waiting on a warranty and I have been since February.

There are no Sid ultimates in black available until June. You can buy one of a few blue ones available and a couple of suppliers have only twist lock blue versions, one supplier in New York has a bunch of blue manual lockouts.

I basically can’t find any 31.6 seatposts at all in the travel and weight I want in any of the 4 posts I would want to buy. All backordered for who knows how long.

Tons of schwalbe backordered. I had to order from Germany and they are in customs.

A while ago there were no GX shifters at all except for the Ebike version. I had to buy NX which is fine because it’s lighter.

These are just the way the issues are affecting me at the moment. I have lots of backup parts and will stock up on chains and pads and rotors and the rest of what I need to keep race bikes going.

What year top fuel and how'd it break?

·
always licking the glass
2,656 Posts
People that think like you are the reason the bike industry has grossly underestimated the awesomeness of biking and have under forecasted demand.

Basically why we can’t get bikes or parts.

I said “the start of that”, not the be-all end-all of it.

This isn’t going to be a cliff where the demand curve drops off and people are no longer interested. What I expect as things “normalize”, some people will decide to sell at the end of the season. Others won’t.l

You’ll find other people might give it up next year, but I don’t think by any means this is going to mean bike shops are all of a sudden are going to be struggling or that bike parts and bikes will suddenly be available.

I do expect the MTB market to look very interesting in the next 3-5 years with electronic shifting, pinion gearboxes, and the increasing popularity of e-bikes. Beyond the end of this season, that alone will change the landscape—even if things do return to “normal.”

·
Registered
2,418 Posts

Just for example:

Not sure if it's your size but found one right here:

Heres a black one:

In stock in various sizes and brands:

Which one you want?

Plenty of shifters and handlebars out there as well.

·
CEO Product Failure
1,646 Posts
Apparently there is a global shortage of semi conductors (i.e. micro processors) which is contributing to other supply chain challenges for automobile manufacturers. Recent news is predicting the pandemic economy to spill over to cars now.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts