Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
That would be Joe, who has lost out on more pauls derailleurs... You know how it is, when you need a rasta pauls, and one comes up, well, you either get it or you don't. Anyway, I've seen CommanderSysco get em for 300 +/- , so this isn't too bad yet. The Commander has to have a couple dozen of them by now. Kind of curious, no?

It's funny, people either love them or hate them. I know guys who've put the miles on em since they were new, have all the new stuff, the old stuff, but still swear by them. I know others who think they're junk.

I have to wonder if you guys got the buggy earlier generation models?

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,749 Posts
I had 2 of them for a while

flyingsuperpetis said:
I have to wonder if you guys got the buggy earlier generation models?
I bought one new with great expectations and was very disappointed with it. It took forever to shift correctly with the bike on a stand. I put about a month of riding on it think maybe it had to break it...but to no avail. It either didn't move the chain at all or it would throw the chain 3 cogs. A crash after a missed upshift was the demise of that derailleur. I threw it away after I got home.

The second one came on a used bike that I bought and used if for a few rides before I sold it. It did work somewhat better than the first one I had but still shifted like a department store bike.

I think all the American made CNC wonder derailleurs were pretty sub par performance wise. I've used them all except for the White Bros ('cause I cant stand twist shifters) and wasn't impressed with any of them. I have to say I had the best luck with Precision Billet. Joe's shifted the best in the short term but required at least weekly adjustment to keep it that way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.