Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st ride of the season.

went up to Lair O' the Bear today. it was great. muddy,cloudy, cold, rainy but so fun. over the winter, i had forgotten just how great it is to go riding with a group of buds.

sorry no pics. just had to say how fun it was. i can't wait for more.

i also think i discovered s1ngletrack's infamous drop. for those who know, would i be correct ?

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Oh yea well uh.... I had a private session at Goose (DJ/park) this morning for like 2-3 hours with KDawg, Jason, Jordan, Anthony/bmx crew. It was fun. :D

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
ironhorsebike1 said:
i also think i discovered s1ngletrack's infamous drop. for those who know, would i be correct ?
Did it sit in an area shaped like a 3/4 bowl (with the open portion facing the road)?
The first pic is a smaller drop in the same area that is alot of fun - the entry is a 50 degree slope. The second pic is the drop visible from the road, you can land near the bottom of the transition if you leave the lip with any amount of speed over 10 mph or so.

Attachments

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
s1ngletrack said:
Did it sit in an area shaped like a 3/4 bowl (with the open portion facing the road)?
The first pic is a smaller drop in the same area that is alot of fun - the entry is a 50 degree slope. The second pic is the drop visible from the road, you can land near the bottom of the transition if you leave the lip with any amount of speed over 10 mph or so.
Boy that bottom one looks genuinely fun. :D

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
Boy that bottom one looks genuinely fun. :D
In all honesty, it's genuinely scary. It looks like you are going to fall for a
long way when you are standing on top. It is a lot of fun too though.

The first drop pictured is alot more fun, you have to roll over a lip at the top, which sets you on a very steep slope that is about 10' before the drop itself, which is about 8' - but the tranny is so steep that it feels like you didn't even leave the ground. :)

·
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
s1ngletrack said:
In all honesty, it's genuinely scary. It looks like you are going to fall for a
long way when you are standing on top. It is a lot of fun too though.

The first drop pictured is alot more fun, you have to roll over a lip at the top, which sets you on a very steep slope that is about 10' before the drop itself, which is about 8' - but the tranny is so steep that it feels like you didn't even leave the ground. :)
s1ngletrack: we sould go for a freeride/ XC ride up there soon. like whenever it gets dry. maybe meet at the Lair and hit the drop and then the the trails. the two bike extravaganza!

i need to meet some of you guys. we shall ride soon and it will be glorious.

·
Registered
294 Posts
ironhorsebike1 said:
well the mud was not the "destroy the trail mud" just drity puddles on the trail. i wouldn't ride if it was destroying the trail. that would be bad

and yep that's the one. it did look like there were other drpos back in there too. looks fun.
Sweet corbin...you should try the Mt. Falcon/Lair at the bear sufferfest loop sometime 26 miles, and do it twice...It's fun, I'll show it to you as soon as the doc says I can ride mtb...anyway, I'm jealous, have fun shreddin the gnar...since I can't. 15+ hours on the trainer/road a week= crappiness.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
theforsakencheezit said:
Sweet corbin...you should try the Mt. Falcon/Lair at the bear sufferfest loop sometime 26 miles, and do it twice...It's fun, I'll show it to you as soon as the doc says I can ride mtb...anyway, I'm jealous, have fun shreddin the gnar...since I can't. 15+ hours on the trainer/road a week= crappiness.
Hey Alex you'll have to take me on that loop, I've never had a sufferfest so I think it's about time I do. :D

·
Registered
294 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
Hey Alex you'll have to take me on that loop, I've never had a sufferfest so I think it's about time I do. :D
Sure...it's a sobering experience. Around hour 4 (if we do 2 laps) if you've failed to eat correctly the day before, you get to make periodic stops to puke...you'll feel like a heroin addict...needless to say, it's great fun...I want to do it on my DH bike one of these days. :D ;)

·
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
theforsakencheezit said:
you just tell me where to sign. i'm ready to rip.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
theforsakencheezit said:
Sure...it's a sobering experience. Around hour 4 (if we do 2 laps) if you've failed to eat correctly the day before, you get to make periodic stops to puke...you'll feel like a heroin addict...needless to say, it's great fun...I want to do it on my DH bike one of these days. :D ;)
Sweet... I'm sure you'll waste me but it'll be fun. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.