Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a Rush Feminine'06 size Med in blue with the GUY that very confident with manhood!!! 5'6.4" ,160lbs my pants are 31" long.
I found this bike at REI very good price and I paid $1099 and I feel that the size is just right. I felt that RUSH 800 small is too small for me and med is too large but I'm not sure since I'm new to MTB. What I did immediately is change the saddle and adjusted to increase the cockpit room and I'll change the break levers later on. It's ride very good but it's my first expensive bike so I don't know what that feeling of very good mtb is yet.
I'd like to know if this bike really right for me on geometry wise.

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/06/geo-43.html

My only problem so far is that I had a feeling like warring skirt when ppl look at my bike which I can work on that:)
Can I modify anything to make it more suitable for man?

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/06/CUSA/model-6VMW.html

Should I keep this bike?
Thank you
Tom

·
Registered
795 Posts
"My only problem so far is that I had a feeling like warring skirt when ppl look at my bike"

Once you're on the trail, it looks like any other Rush doesn't it? No one needs to know.
Any one who recognizes it should be either commended for their expertise in the Cannondale line, or maybe ridiculed for their obsession.
(I'm assuming it has the normal Rush graphics - didn't look like it said Girly Edition or anything in the pic)

Just my two cents - if the bike fits, ride it!

My only reservation would be that if it's your first bike, you might not really know what you like till you ride for a while. A good LBS would be able to help with that, where as big chains like REI are less likely to have expert staff.

Here's a good one: I had mild shame at having a small size Prophet, so I removed the "S" sticker. Problem solved. Maybe I'll see if I can find an XL sticker on e-bay (uh, not really).

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,484 Posts
Typically, the only things that are changed component wise on a Feminine are things like smaller grips, shorter reach brake levers, saddle, shorter stem, etc. The only thing I might check is if they put short cranks on, but I doubt it. They should be 175mm. All those are invisible, so change at will. Like JDR said, unless it has GIRL in big letters all over it, it's nothing a sticker at the most, can't fix. I like the color of the orange, reminds me of a creamsicle. Cannondale made a Jekyll in '04, the 2000 I think, that was about the same color as yours. Nice :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
jdr01930 said:
"
Here's a good one: I had mild shame at having a small size Prophet, so I removed the "S" sticker. Problem solved. Maybe I'll see if I can find an XL sticker on e-bay (uh, not really).
We got a rider here who showed at at Halloween race basically wearing girl's panty and a girl's pajama top. But no here questions his manhood because he got the balls to do this:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Nice 1

omega said:
It's a Rush Feminine'06 size Med in blue with the GUY that very confident with manhood!!! 5'6.4" ,160lbs my pants are 31" long.
I found this bike at REI very good price and I paid $1099 and I feel that the size is just right. I felt that RUSH 800 small is too small for me and med is too large but I'm not sure since I'm new to MTB. What I did immediately is change the saddle and adjusted to increase the cockpit room and I'll change the break levers later on. It's ride very good but it's my first expensive bike so I don't know what that feeling of very good mtb is yet.
I'd like to know if this bike really right for me on geometry wise.

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/06/geo-43.html

My only problem so far is that I had a feeling like warring skirt when ppl look at my bike which I can work on that:)
Can I modify anything to make it more suitable for man?

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/06/CUSA/model-6VMW.html

Should I keep this bike?
Thank you
Tom
Women tend to have longer leg and shorter torso, and that appears to be exactly what you have so i would say you just found your perfect match...I have thought of trying womens frames as well because like you my legs are long and torso short and a lot of frames dont fit me well.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,
Sorry for taking so long to reply. I had been pretty busy lately but still had time to take her out for riding today and took a couple shots just for posting in this wonderful forum. Thank you very much for your inputs so now I can call myself proud RUSH owner now  This is the 3rd time at the trail the more I ride is the more I love it. By the way, her color is frost blue not the apricot as the C’Dale pictures. If you have any recommendation on set up or upgrade that I should do at this point please let me know. I’d like to change the brake lever, which one that I should look for?

Attachments

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
omega said:
Hi,
Sorry for taking so long to reply. I had been pretty busy lately but still had time to take her out for riding today and took a couple shots just for posting in this wonderful forum. Thank you very much for your inputs so now I can call myself proud RUSH owner now  This is the 3rd time at the trail the more I ride is the more I love it. By the way, her color is frost blue not the apricot as the C'Dale pictures. If you have any recommendation on set up or upgrade that I should do at this point please let me know. I'd like to change the brake lever, which one that I should look for?
Does that bike look small or is that Benz looking big? :p

Anyway, very nice bike, nice color too, better than the apricot if you ask me and I would be very surprised if anyone could guess it's a woman's model.

As for brake levers, if it has Avid mechanical discs, you can use any v-brake compatible levers you like. Haven't checked v-brake levers in a long time but I still like the Avid I have on my commuter. Find a lever shape and length you like, features like Speed Dials for fine tuning the cable pull is a nice touch but by no means a must.

Enjoy that bike!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
change the lever angle

actually, if you just angle the levers up a bit more you might like them. In the pics it appears that they're straight down. That's gonna start to hurt like hell, and could cause real wrist problems. They should be in line with your wrist and forearm, so you're wrist stays straight when you're in you're normal riding position. Or better yet, set them up for when you're in you're normal downhill braking position, slightly scooted back. Loosen up the levers, pretend you're going down some big downhill (don't actually ride witht the levers loose), butt back, arms straight, and set the levers where they naturally fall in that position. Also, move them inboard, I've never seen a bike in a shop with the brake levers set up correctly. You want to move them inward enough that you're index finger will be grabbing at the end of the lever. This gives you the most leverage, for the most powerful, and least tiring braking, it also gives you more room for your hands, because with the levers shoved right up a against the grips, usually your thumb would be bumping into the shifters or stuff like that. Oh, move the shifters inboard too, when you move the levers, you can also rotate those into the most natural feeling position.

d

·
Registered
246 Posts
racerzero said:
We got a rider here who showed at at Halloween race basically wearing girl's panty and a girl's pajama top. But no here questions his manhood because he got the balls to do this:

He'll soon be wearing an open-backed bed gown if he doesn't start wearing a helmet.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Spinny said:
He'll soon be wearing an open-backed bed gown if he doesn't start wearing a helmet.
He got roasted by a Freeride LBS owner for doing that. The owner didn't care if he split his head open. He was upset because he was setting a bad example for the young kids who idolized him. He's probably the top freerider around here including get an invite to the Redbull Freeze.

As always there' s a younger gun who's faster. Checkout this 10 year kid. (top pictures) He's getting the same height off the ramp as the helmetless rider who up to this point was the highest. Roll you cursor over the picture to see the full height. He's riding a 24" Kona.

http://www.thebyker.com/jumpsession.html

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
who give's a toss if it's a feminine Rush?

In fact with the current sizing of the Carbon Rush I'd be looking at a Medium Feminine Rush myself simplt because the toptube length and wheelbase are shorter than the Men's Medium and the Mens Carbon is just to fricking small which really is annoying.

Cost cutting by compromising geometry is not what I expect from Cannondale so I hope they'll fix that in 2008 :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.