Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of your DHX coil users notice any slop in the travel of your shock? I'm not talking about bushing slop. I"m referring to the first 1/2 inch of stroke. I can put about 10 lbs of pressure on my saddle with my hand, and get my shock to compress about .5 inches of it's stroke. It seems to me that I may have blown something on the top end of my shock. The other day at Gooseberry, I bottomed the rear shock off a 4 foot drop to flat that normally I don't bottom out on. Any ideas?

·
Ich bin ein Knolliner
225 Posts
yep...

Sorry I don't have any ideas on what it could be, but I can tell you we notice the exact same thing on a friend's shock yesterday. For what it's worth, this is a brand new DHX...probably has less than 10 rides on it and none of those rides have been particularly punishing (i.e. harsh bottom-outs, etc.)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
That not right,has the preload collar on your spring backed off?
The shock on my Six Pack requires 35lbs just to start it moving,the spring rate is 700lb.
You run 700 or more on yours?
The responce should be similar ?

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The preload collar has not backed off. I guess it's time to ship this puppy back to Fox. I gotta say, I have not been impressed with any of the QA with Fox for any of their 05 products. I was just speaking with my LBS, and he seemed to think that some of the air from the boost has leaked into the piston area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.