Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,663 Posts
Good luck. Looked for quite a while, used was the only option and people wanted way too much. Ended up getting the AL version just released. $2100 with the Fox Float X, but 2.5-3.0 pounds heavier.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck. Looked for quite a while, used was the only option and people wanted way too much. Ended up getting the AL version just released. $2100 with the Fox Float X, but 2.5-3.0 pounds heavier.
Thanks. Also considering a Spire just because Sentinels are hard to come by but I feel the Spire is much too big of a bike for Norcal.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Thanks. Also considering a Spire just because Sentinels are hard to come by but I feel the Spire is much too big of a bike for Norcal.
Why do you think it’s too big? It will pedal the same, and the Sentinel is one of the least playful, most point and plow bikes I’ve ridden to begin with. I can’t imagine you’ll like one and not the other.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
On the hunt for a large gray carbon V2 Sentinel frame. I've called some shops around with no luck. Anyone have any leads? Open to used as long as its in good shape.
Trail Head Cyclery's October 4, 2021 Instagram post: "Transition Sentinels are in season! We just received a fresh restock..." They're full bikes, but surely they could also get frames? But that was 8 days and many cargo containers off the California coast ago...

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trail Head Cyclery's October 4, 2021 Instagram post: "Transition Sentinels are in season! We just received a fresh restock..." They're full bikes, but surely they could also get frames? But that was 8 days and many cargo containers off the California coast ago...
I hit them up and they said they only have completes. Wish I had the budget for a complete! Well, I would if my Ripmo was sold haha

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you try Fanatik in WA or ThePath in Orange County?
I don’t believe I tried them but Fanatik only does complete custom builds on Transition frames. The other places I called were The Back Country in Truckee, they have a medium gray Sentinel frame (so close!) and Project Bike in Bend who does have the frame I want but is holding onto it in case someone wants to build a complete custom bike, bummer.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I don’t believe I tried them but Fanatik only does complete custom builds on Transition frames. The other places I called were The Back Country in Truckee, they have a medium gray Sentinel frame (so close!) and Project Bike in Bend who does have the frame I want but is holding onto it in case someone wants to build a complete custom bike, bummer.
Bend: no sales tax...maybe offer to buy a few parts on top.

·
Premium Member
8,663 Posts
Saw that one and hit him up, he wants $3300 frame only which is only $100 off brand new lol. Transition does offer crash replacements for second owners but still, thievery!
That was the problem when I was looking.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.