Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
48,238 Posts
queliada said:
hello:

Some know that I am trying to design a bicycle according to the ISO.
Someone can pass such information?
Thanks!!
Did you not try this before?

It is not that simple. "ISO", "JIS", or whatever other "standard" (and one bike uses several different standards). varies with the bike and components.

You need to find a local source of information. Bike shop, frame builder, books...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I try this before. I have found ISO rules about "cycle", but it cost about 50€ per unit.
So I need a resume or complete guide free, jeje.
Please, have got any person this rules?
ISO 4210
ISO 7250
UNE EN 14781:2006
UNE EN 14766:2006
Others that I need and I havent found.
Thanks!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,825 Posts
This is a joke. This guy is on crack.

While I'd love a copy of all the rules worldwide for myself for reference, I don't see why someone that is looking to build their first bike would need one. It's about the last thing that would matter.

In the USA, DOT, State Code and CPSC are the only governing body that oversees bicycle sales, and they only look at the largest manufacturers and reflectors being provided with retail bike sales. Nobody pays attention to any of there rules.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Relax PVD, and thanks for your interesting on my questions.
I will make a project according to rules, in Europe, in Spain (UNE).
I amazed when you say that "Industrial Fabricants" ignored this rules.
I am finding this information because I like doing things rights.
Thanks!
 

·
Bike Dork
Joined
·
1,365 Posts
Don't ask a bulletin board based in the U.S. your questions, because it's a waste of your time. You need to address your questions to the industry regulating bodies within Spain and the E.U. This list is 90% hobbiest folks that most likely never actually build a frame, maybe a few people in the remaining 10% may know something as it relates to the U.S., but not how it relates to Spanish manufacturing.

Second I would recommend a visit to the business department in your local university. 5 minutes sitting down with a professor in the field will tell you everything you want to know. Better still take a few classes and see what is actually applicable to your situation. Would you ask questions about skiing to a bunch of sailors? Sure some of them may ski, but they're more concerned about how to float a boat.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
48,238 Posts
queliada said:
Yes, I try this before. I have found ISO rules about "cycle", but it cost about 50€ per unit.
So I need a resume or complete guide free, jeje.
Please, have got any person this rules?
ISO 4210
ISO 7250
UNE EN 14781:2006
UNE EN 14766:2006
Others that I need and I havent found.
Thanks!!
Part of the agreement when you buy the ISO publications is you do not share them with anybody. You can not even post a part of the specs or give a copy to a co-worker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jejeje thanks.
Your answer is totally correct and truth.
Ok, I will stay to my teacher and I will sitting a lot... minutes, because there are a lot of things and I know few concepts.
Do not be angry,please.
When I will have boudt about amateur builder frame bikes I will doing a lot questions, ok? jejeje.
Thanks everything
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top