Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
App-a-LATCH-un
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a used '06 SX trail and I'm in search of a set of high BB shock shuttle mounts (67.5 HA) as I did not get them with the frame. I am also looking a 2.80x450 spring for the DHX. If you can help me out, please PM me.

·
App-a-LATCH-un
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Part Number?

Does anyone know the part number for the shuttles so that I can see if one of the LBS can get them? I'm afraid none of the shop owners around here have ever seen an SX trail. Mostly rodies or XCBS.

Thanks!

·
dirt visionary
6,522 Posts
There is no part number on the shuttles.

It should be as simple as calling a specialized dealer and ordering them. I need the low mount for my enduro and all I did was ask for the enduro low mount. 2 weeks later I had one.

·
App-a-LATCH-un
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
clockwork said:
There is no part number on the shuttles.
This further shows the inneptitude of my LBS. They asked me to provide them the P/N.

Oh well, maybe I can go there and hold their hand while they call the big S.

·
dirt visionary
6,522 Posts
I believe there is a part number which would be in a big specialized book any dealer should have. But thats besides the point . It is all too easy to call and say hey I need the high BB shock mounts for a 2006 sxtrail. I think my enduro mount was around $30.

·
App-a-LATCH-un
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So the LBS finally called me and told me that Specialized did not have any in stock and did not foresee getting any more ever. I understand that the 2009 SX is being revamped, but it seems they would keep some 2008 spares available for warrantee etc. Anyway, now I am lost on how to get a set. If anyone is in good with a Specialized dealer and can find the real scoop, please let us know. Additionally, if anyone has a set they are not using and is willing to let them go, please let me know. It seems that everyone uses only the slack plates, I just want to try the high ones for general trail riding.

Thanks

·
dirt visionary
6,522 Posts
I will see what I can find out meanwhile I would post in the freeride downhill forum asking for a pair and you might find someone with a pair to sell.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.