Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the ongoing updates on my new Spot continue. After a little bit of confusion on my part, it turns out that the 500 pound spring on my bike is a tad under spec'd for my weight.

I currently have a 500 pound spring and after corresponding with Casey at Turner, it looks like I should have a 650 pound spring for the Romic shock.

Anyone out there have one of these lying around that they want to get ride of? Perhaps trade for a 500 pound spring with 3 short rides on it?

Ken

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think I might have your solution (and mine, too)

Recently purchased a "used" 5 Spot with a 650 pound spring...I need a 500 pound spring. The one I've got is painted, but it's never been used. Let me know if you're interested.

John

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes!!

savechief said:
Recently purchased a "used" 5 Spot with a 650 pound spring...I need a 500 pound spring. The one I've got is painted, but it's never been used. Let me know if you're interested.

John
Drop me an email: [email protected] and we'll figure out the best way to proceed.

Ken

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
650 lb spring

Ken in KC said:
So, the ongoing updates on my new Spot continue. After a little bit of confusion on my part, it turns out that the 500 pound spring on my bike is a tad under spec'd for my weight.

I currently have a 500 pound spring and after corresponding with Casey at Turner, it looks like I should have a 650 pound spring for the Romic shock.

Anyone out there have one of these lying around that they want to get ride of? Perhaps trade for a 500 pound spring with 3 short rides on it?

Ken
Hi Ken; I have a 650 lb spring I'm taking off my bike this weekend. I don't really have use for the 500 lb spring cause it's too light-I weigh 225 lbs. How much do you weigh. we're talking about a 650 lb spring for a 5Spot right? Let me know if you want to buy it or if you have something to trade.
Turtle

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sure.....

cooldaddy said:
Hey Ken, welcome to the 5-Spot club. If you want to try different spring rates, I have a #600 spring that I could mail to you, just to try out and see if it works for you...
Marcel.
OEF
OKC
I'll take you up on that. I'm not too worried about it, though. After some discussions with Turner and Romic (both companies have excellent CS and support), I should have a 650 pound spring today.

Once I get the 650 pound spring on and test it out, if I want to drop down I'll drop you an email.

Thanks for the offer.

Ken

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A little too late.

Turtle 1 said:
Hi Ken; I have a 650 lb spring I'm taking off my bike this weekend. I don't really have use for the 500 lb spring cause it's too light-I weigh 225 lbs. How much do you weigh. we're talking about a 650 lb spring for a 5Spot right? Let me know if you want to buy it or if you have something to trade.
Turtle
Would have done it, but I'm leaving town for a ride in CO next week. I was anxious to get a spring and get it on this weekend so I could set up the bike properly. I purchased a spring from Romic. Great Customer Service, BTW.

Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.