Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Uncle
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had problems removing their ISIS crank arms? Mine came loose a few times on the trail after being torqued to spec, so I greased the splines again & went up another 7ft/lbs. Arms didn't come loose again, but now after 6 months of no problems, I broke my crank tool (yep, I did use the large ISIS/Octalink botton) & tore the theads out of the crank arm trying to get them off. This was the non-drive side Truvativ Firex Team crank.

Did I miss the part about greasing the puller tool threads before using them? Should I expect the same from my Stylos?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I've got Raceface ISIS on two bikes and FSA version on another and have never had any problems whatsoever. I use a Park crank puller and the little spindle insert that came with the FSA BB, works extremely well. With regard to the crank threads make sure they're clean and lightly greased as well as the threads on the crank puller.
105millimetersofpleasure said:
Anyone had problems removing their ISIS crank arms? Mine came loose a few times on the trail after being torqued to spec, so I greased the splines again & went up another 7ft/lbs. Arms didn't come loose again, but now after 6 months of no problems, I broke my crank tool (yep, I did use the large ISIS/Octalink botton) & tore the theads out of the crank arm trying to get them off. This was the non-drive side Truvativ Firex Team crank.

Did I miss the part about greasing the puller tool threads before using them? Should I expect the same from my Stylos?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.