Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
No longer 26
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FSA Platinum Pro, Truvative GigaPipe Team SL, or other? I am looking for something to replace my Truvativ Sealex on my XC FS bike.
Thanks
Greg

·
Basura Blanca
1,797 Posts
FSA Ultimax, 3 years and going strong. Reviews are spotty, but mine has been quiet and smooth. Of course, it's never been submerged in any stream crossings, so that may ahve someting to do with my positive experience. FWIW, it's on a FS bike, and I weigh 200# sans gear. Thats my single, statistically insignificant data point.
- Joe

·
Hooligan
680 Posts
I will be interested to read the recommendations from others on this.

Here is my experience: I have a Giant NRS2, which came with a RaceFace ISIS bottom Bracket, not sure what model. That one lasted about 700 miles before it started squealing. I replaced it with a Truvative SL, which started grinding badly at less than 100 miles. I replaced that one with another RaceFace (SRX), which lasted about 800 miles, and needs to be replaced now. I will be trying out the Platinum Pro next.

If I cannot get more than 1000 miles out of the FSA, I will buy some new cranks. Square taper.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Started w/ stock bontrager unit- died in about 4 months...RaceFace SRX lasted on one bike about 6 months, then transferred to another bike and still going (about 1000 miles so far) Currently at about 500 miles on FSA Platinum Pro

·
YRTRNRSHVY
558 Posts
G-Live said:
FSA Platinum Pro, Truvative GigaPipe Team SL, or other? I am looking for something to replace my Truvativ Sealex on my XC FS bike.
Thanks
Greg
I had an Ultimax ISIS Paltinum Pro (now I believe the Ultimax is non-ISIS). It was light but started making noises after about 200-300 miles. I sent it back and they are going to replace it, but they are saying it is out of stock (1 week ago they told me it had shipped to me).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.