Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just bought the Raceface Turbine LP crankset for my Specialized M2. What do you recommend as a good BB to go with this setup for normal to heavy weekend moutain biking?

I would need a 113 and ISIS setup....

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
montgod said:
Hello,

I just bought the Raceface Turbine LP crankset for my Specialized M2. What do you recommend as a good BB to go with this setup for normal to heavy weekend moutain biking?

I would need a 113 and ISIS setup....

Thanks in advance.
Anybody?

FSA? Race Face Evolve? Shimano? Help a brother out with some specifics..thanks!

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Otoh...

mtnpat said:
FSA Platinum Pro seems to work on my singlespeed, is holding up much better than the OEM Truvativ.
I got a FSA Ultimax Extreme Pro Ti BB that is failing with not too many miles on it, which is on my Singlespeed that doesn't get ridden too often. Maybe that BB is a bit on the lightweight side, so that may have something to do with it.

I shoulda known, anything with 'Extreme' in the name is probably cheese. At least it isn't 'Xtreme'.

·
trail "cleaner"
1,382 Posts
Isis BB

I've only had good luck with Race Face's signature series Isis BB's. don't waste you money on their cheaper versions. I blew two 'Prodigy" units up < 6 months. Signature series is now >1yr with no issues.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I haven't got anything good to say about Race Face's signature series Isis BB's. The pic is what is left of a 2 month old Free ride bb's bearings after a ride it started creaking on. My expierence none of them seam to last that long but if you save your reciept the FSA has a one or two year bearing warranty.

AZmtncycle said:
I've only had good luck with Race Face's signature series Isis BB's. don't waste you money on their cheaper versions. I blew two 'Prodigy" units up < 6 months. Signature series is now >1yr with no issues.

Attachments

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
RaceFace Signature lasted 1 year last time, but they have warranteed it twice, no questions. The Latest FSA ti also warranteed after 4 months, has been holding up for 8 months just fine this time. Water kills ISIS BB's. The latest ones are better. Shimano splined doesn't fit. Raceface has a new, better design, no longer ISIS design, that they are advertizing now using bigger ball bearings that don't disintegrate so quickly.

Good luck!

- ray

·
Gear Whore
1,352 Posts
I hear good things about F SA platinum.....so I bought one for my bike, have not ridden it yet..but I am a big guy that hurts bikes...so time will tell. Shimano makes good BB's...but then you gotta run their octalint cranks..oh well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.