Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bob Saget Fan
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new frame ( p1 2004 ) to replace my cracked sputnik and i will get free cranks and bb whit it. The cranks are husefelts and the bb is a truvativ dh. Curently i am running a set of fsa X-Drives which are undestructable but are very heavy. I have already broke 2 square taper botom brakets and thats why i went whit the bmx cranks. Now my question is : Is a isis axle alot stronger then a square taper, and should i ride whit the husefelts to save some weight or stick whit the cromo x-drives???? Also , Did anybody ever break an isis axle?

·
Registered
302 Posts
ISIS cranks and bottom brackets will not break on you, not even close. I do all kinds of drops with my isis cranks on my hard tail and have no problems, plus they are lighter in weight. The Truvativ cranks will definately do the job, and maintain a lighter weight.

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
mtb care bear said:
ISIS cranks and bottom brackets will not break on you, not even close. I do all kinds of drops with my isis cranks on my hard tail and have no problems, plus they are lighter in weight. The Truvativ cranks will definately do the job, and maintain a lighter weight.
ditto. I ride ISIS on my hardtail and they take drops no sweat. FYI, Im using Holzfellers and a TruVati..v Team DH bb.

Care Bear...that is one sweet signature!

·
Registered
302 Posts
namaSSte said:
ditto. I ride ISIS on my hardtail and they take drops no sweat. FYI, Im using Holzfellers and a TruVati..v Team DH bb.

Care Bear...that is one sweet signature!
Thank you namaSSte! :D

·
Bob Saget Fan
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
zedro said:
i wouldnt worry about the axles, at this point its the cranks....
Cool, i think im gonna run the husefelts till they break or strip and then put my good old x-drives. Maybe i could just sell the husefelts and the bb and get something else on my bike like a new rim..... How much could i get for a the crank and bb, they are in really good condition and are 2004's?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Da Bikoholic said:
Cool, i think im gonna run the husefelts till they break or strip and then put my good old x-drives. Maybe i could just sell the husefelts and the bb and get something else on my bike like a new rim..... How much could i get for a the crank and bb, they are in really good condition and are 2004's?
i wouldnt bother selling them, its always nice to have backups or some surplus parts if you end up building up a play bike or something one day. Every part i've ever sold i've always regretted, cause soon after i could really use it and it costs x2-3 more to replace what i already had. I find part values are always much higher than resale values.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.