Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody besides Shimano make E-Type bottom brackets? I am working on a friends bike and he wants new cranks. He was looking at the new Shimano XT cranks but they go for over $270!!! I know there are much better deals out there on cranks but I am running into the E-type problem, He has a Klien Palomino so a regular front derailleur is not an option. Is there anybody making E-tpye ISIS or even Square taper bottom brackets? If he goes with the Shimano E-type unless he can get a square taper bottom bracket he is stuck with Shimano cranks again. Thanks for the help.

Tucker

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hardtail in Georgia said:
Does anybody besides Shimano make E-Type bottom brackets? I am working on a friends bike and he wants new cranks. He was looking at the new Shimano XT cranks but they go for over $270!!! I know there are much better deals out there on cranks but I am running into the E-type problem, He has a Klien Palomino so a regular front derailleur is not an option. Is there anybody making E-tpye ISIS or even Square taper bottom brackets? If he goes with the Shimano E-type unless he can get a square taper bottom bracket he is stuck with Shimano cranks again. Thanks for the help.

Tucker
With an e-type front derailier it just mounts between the bb and the frame so you have to pick your spindle length accordingly,but with the e-type you can run almost any type,brand of bb/cranks you wish.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Upon closer inspection there is also more thread and a small flange on the driveside of an E-type bottom bracket than that of a normal bottom bracket. Thanks anyways though. I answered my own question. FSA makes E-type compatible bottom brackets and adrenalinebikes.com sells them.

Tucker

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hardtail in Georgia said:
Upon closer inspection there is also more thread and a small flange on the driveside of an E-type bottom bracket than that of a normal bottom bracket. Thanks anyways though. I answered my own question. FSA makes E-type compatible bottom brackets and adrenalinebikes.com sells them.

Tucker
Race Face, Truvativ and FSA all make bottom bracket/cranksets that work on my Maverick ML-7 which has an E-Type front derailleur and is the same design as the Klein Palomino.

I am currently running Race Face Turbine cranks with an FSA Platinum Pro 113mm ISIS bottom bracket.

John W.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.